September 30, 2014

Finding Audrey {Part 2}

Thanks again for reading my story! I am super exciting about developing the plot and the characters, and I hope you guys will continue to read it!
If you missed Part 1, please click here to read it!


*********************************************************************************
Instead of heading for the lodge, we went back to my dorm room. Audrey lived in the dorm room right across from my own, and we both had matching white boards on the doors. Both of us had gotten the white boards as a gift to ourselves before our sophomore year of college.
“I’ll knock on her door, just in case,” I said.
I shook my head as I walked back, “No response.” Todd frowned.
My eyes lit up, “I betcha, she’s just with Colton visiting Jack and Madeline.”
Addy shook her head, and told me, “Don’t you think she would at least told Todd that she was going to their house?”
Todd glanced at his phone. “Lemme call Colton.”
Colton, who was also Audrey’s older brother, was an incredibly amazing person. Just like Todd, they were both immensely in love with their Savior, and showed Christ’s love to everyone. 
I quickly went back into the bed section of my room and searched in my dresser for a sweatshirt. I grabbed my favorite University of Georgia sweatshirt that had been with me since I was in the seventh grade. Its faded black color, along with the smell that reminded me of home, even though I had washed it ten million times, was comforting.
When I came back out, Todd had just hung up with Colton. “He hasn’t heard anything from her since yesterday. She did tell him that she was going up to Molly’s this weekend though.”
“Let’s call Molly and see if she’s up there.” Addy said.  
Todd motioned for us to come closer, and put the phone on speaker. It rang for a long time, until Molly finally answered.
“Is Audrey up there?” Todd asked, wrapping the string of his sweatshirt around and around his finger. This was clearly a sign of nervousness, and I could tell he was immensely worried about Audrey.
“She told me she was on her way at about ten this morning, and I haven’t heard from her since. She should’ve been here by about noon, and even though I called her, she didn’t respond.”
Addy and I looked at each other, and glanced at the wall clock. It was two in the afternoon, which meant nobody had received contact with Audrey for the past two hours.
“Okay thanks,” Todd said, a frown appearing on his face. “We’ll go out and try to look for her in a few minutes.”
“Sounds good.”
Todd pressed the end button and sighed.
“I think we should pray for her,” I suggested.
“Good idea,” Todd said. Todd paused, cleared his throat, and started one of his comforting prayers, “Lord, we need you to protect Audrey wherever she is right now, and we ask that you will give her peace to know that you are going to be with her no matter what. Lord, keep her safe until we can find her, and help us to find her quickly. In your name, Amen.”
Todd looked around, and then headed for the door. “Come on, let’s go find Audrey.”
On our way into the parking lot, we ran across Ben. Ben was a senior, and was going to be an engineer when he graduated in a few months, and then was heading back to live near the rest of our family.  
“Hey, where are you guys headed?” He asked, putting a piece of chewing gum in his mouth. The spearmint scent filled the air.
“To find Audrey,” I said and then Todd continued, “She was supposed to be going to Molly’s, but she left four hours ago and she’s nowhere to be seen.”
“And she’s not answering her phone or anything?”
“Nope.”
“I’m coming with you guys,” Ben said, and so he followed us as we got into Todd’s car.
Over the years, and as early as when Audrey had been a freshman in high school, Ben and Audrey had become really good friends. Even though all the girls were really close friends with the guys, Audrey was closest to Ben.
The car ride was completely silent for about ten minutes, until we sensed something was wrong. Todd banged his hand on the steering wheel, and Ben put his hand on his forehead.

“Oh no,” Todd said, shaking his head, and slowing down, when we had been on the interstate for about ten minutes. “This is what I was afraid of.
********************************************************************************
Thanks for reading and please give me any feedback about where the story should go, what your favorite part is, what you would like to see, any questions etc. :) 





2 comments:

  1. I love this story! You should totally post more! I've said it before, but you're a great writer:)
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! You CANNOT end there!!! =O Gosh, Lauren, you are a great writer!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥