November 27, 2016

For Butterflies and Sparkles

I remember, sitting across from you, coffee in our hands and a dancing in your eyes.
We would start off and you would take my hand.
Be willing to wait, you would say.
We would dream about your upcoming wedding, the part I would play.
And in the deepest places of my heart, I would dream too.

For the day, for the guy I will hopefully someday meet.
Find a man, not a boy, a man who will grow you closer to Christ, you would say.
I've never let your words go.
I squeeze your hand, and take your words deeply into my soul.
I will continue to wait in anticipation, and allow myself to be excited for my future.
For butterflies and one who cares.
I sip my coffee and my eyes sparkle.

Oh, how much He must have in store for me.

10 comments:

  1. GAHHHH! It is an understatement to say I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredibly beautiful. Your word choices are just <3 <3

    Sophy
    lantern-in-her-hand.blogspot.com
    theinkpotgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how I view romantic relationships and marriage, too. I honestly don't know who I'm going to marry, or if I've already met them or what's going to happen (or even if I'm going to marry-- maybe God's call for me isn't marriage) but hopefully he'll send me someone who I can walk with and learn more about God together with.

    xoxo Morning

    P.S. I want to ask a favor of you. I was going to ask on Instagram but then I kind of forgot: on my blog, I'm hoping to create a blogger end-of-the-year yearbook, and I was wondering if you'd like to join or help spread the word? All of the information can be found in my most recent post. It'd be really cool if you'd tag along-- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love this <3
    So absolutely true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    Omg! I've read this poem a few seconds ago and I'm still flashed. The way you take words together is amazing! I'm feeling with the poem.
    Love, Lea

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥