I want my life to become more of a thought pattern lining up with Christ, every thought being taken captive and saying, "how can I glorify God through this?"
Romans 6:13 says, "Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness."
I have been so messed up because I haven't been seeking Christ like I should this week. I've been treating people less than they should be, have been focusing more on my self, and let ungodly thinking creep into my mind.
When we are seeking Him in his word, we will be less prone to sin because we will know what Christ wants us to do.
I can tell it in my own life; when I go a few days without reading from his word, or if there are times when I'm bored, I start to have more temptations than if I am dwelling on His word. It's' interesting how he uses sin and temptations to grow us closer to Himself.
Even in the emotional times of life, or maybe moments when you don't feel like reading your Bible, train yourself to get into a routine of reading it. His words are the only thing that are definite, not based on emotions. When you don't let your emotions sway you into not seeking Christ, you will be thankful for it. You will be thankful that even though Satan may have been encouraging you to just focus on other things and not His word, and you really didn't feel like doing it, that Christ gave you the strength to push through.
I want to be known as that person who loves other people because of the love from Christ inside of her. I want to be the person that people know is not perfect, but because of Christ's grace in her life, is able to move past sin. I want to be the person that lived their life for Christ, a life fully dedicated to Him, pouring out my own life into others.
The only way that is going to happen is if I am pursuing Christ and His word, being willing to surrender everything to him.
There will always be times, more so than not I believe, where we don't feel like pursuing Christ. We can't let our emotions determine whether or not we are going to obey God and read from his word today.
<<Emotions shouldn't dictate how we live our life, for they are fleeting.>>
Wow, amen sister! Seriously, yes. Thank you for writing this. I so love your thoughts and how you always point back to Christ.
ReplyDeleteThis post is very convicting. I've been having similar feelings. Our emotions are very fleeting and Christ is more significant than we could ever be. And unlike our feelings, Christ never changes. Thank you for this wonderful post, Lauren
ReplyDeleteLove always,
Sarah