| mine |
I'm struggling.
I'm not gonna even try to lie and pretend my life is perfect.
I still struggle with temptations that I thought were completely gone.
I struggle with spending time with God.
I struggle with feeling like he isn't near, and wondering how I can discipline myself to think upon God's word instead of all of the trash that is in this world.
I'm struggling with emotional stuff and figuring out how to handle my emotions in a healthy way.
I'm struggling with stressing out about the future will look: what college I want to go to, what grades I need to get, who I will room with.
I am struggling with friendships and figuring out how to balance the whole situation.
I am struggling with my appearance, which goes back to my identity and what I'm finding my happiness in.
I have dreams and hopes for the future, and sometimes I don't think about:
what does God want my future to look like?
I'm just really sick of going through the motions, feeling a distance from Christ and feeling distant from so many of my friends. This just isn't what I want my life to look like right now.
I needed this post because I have spent years of my life feeling this way <3
ReplyDeleteSo many of us are truly broken inside and we do such a good job hiding it. I'm glad you can relate and you're not alone! God has it under control but we just have to trust He is making us stronger through our weaknesses.
DeleteLauren I am so sorry you are feeling this way right now. I think we all go through difficult times like this, and most times it hits us right in the face. I know that I feel broken all the time. Pray about it and seek God's will. He will never leave you girl, and know that you're not alone. Love ya, xo.
ReplyDeleteYour words mean so much. Love you <3
Delete"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34
ReplyDeleteJust want to encourage you with this tonight, Laur. God's got this. I too have been struggling with some emotional stuff, but it has been so freeing to place my hope in God lately. I'm praying for you, girl ❤️
Mary Shelley
Wow woww wow. Thank you! You are such an encouragement to me. Thanks so much for encouraging me on my own blog :)
Deletei cannot begin to express how much i needed this today <3
ReplyDeletealso a verse that has been encouraging a lot (and that i have doodled all over my schedules and planners) is: "except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. it is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep."
(psalm 127:1-2)
God gives His beloved, God gives US, rest. and this really helps me because i know all my efforts to make sure everything about my life is "perfect" or worrying over my college applications is nothing if i'm not immersed in His Word and wanting to do His will.
just something i thought would encourage you during this time :') <3<3 i know what you're going through xxx
Thank you so much for writing this. It's exactly how I've been feeling lately....I've been struggling so much to deal with some emotional abuse and just to acknowledge that it's real and realize how it has affected me - not just emotionally but even spiritually. It's always helpful to know you're not alone.
ReplyDeleteI'll pray for you, dear. <3 And if you wouldn't mind praying for me as well.
(( hugs ))
I can so relate to this- I've especially been struggling with fear and uncertainty about the future.
ReplyDeleteThese verses are always an encouragement: Matthew 11:28-30, Hebrews 4:15-16, Romans 8:28, Deuteronomy 31:2,8
Thank you so much for being real, Lauren<3 Praying for you!
same girl same.
ReplyDeleteand you will get through this. it looks different for every person, and I wish I could give you clear cut advice but sometimes things gotta suck for a while before they can get better. but God is still with you and He loves you just as much now as He does when you read your bible.
I really appreciate your honesty because that is such a beautiful thing. and God hears you when you cry out to Him; and when you can be honest and real about what you're going through, He can work in your life.
love you girl. prayers going out right now for you.
stay strong <3
Whenever I give into terrible temptations, or feel far from God, I read Psalm 103. <3 We all know what you are going through, don't worry. Stay strong, girlie! <3
ReplyDelete