September 11, 2016

Priorities or Change?

Right now as I go about my sophisticated lifestyle in the northwestern hemisphere, my little lauren brain likes to analyze, and analyze some more and then over analyze everything. That you didn't even know you could overanalyze.
(maybe that's why i'm not so bad at writing  analytical essays. who knows)

As I've started out this school year with new responsibilities my life has almost taken a shift from what I did last year. My time is occupied by different things than last semester and the things that are taking priority in my life have changed, not just in what I'm required to do but also in what I want to do with the leftovers.
There was a group of people that I wanted to spend every waking moment with last semester, and now my interests of who I want to hang out with this semester have changed.
I want to hang out more with friends from school, and I even went to a roller amusement park with one of my friends from school this weekend. What a bomb diggity time.

So does that mean I'm changing, or is that just a result of my priorities changing? Is it healthy or not that I don't have as much desire to hang out with the same people as last semester and I want to focus more on some other girls that I know from my church and from school?

The number one way I feel like that I can explain this shift is that I'm needing closure from idolization of friendships I had last semester and I'm trying to figure out how long and how much space I need now because of how much time and energy I spent on those friendships last semester and how emotionally draining it was. (And ultimately unhealthy; it actually makes me beside myself when I think about how blind I was to how much happiness I was depending on the other people around me)

So for right now, I'm going to take my time and pursue Christ more (as I have been lacking in doing the past week or two) and as a result figure out what is best to do.

Maybe changing who I spend the most time with and not spending all of that time on the other friendship just feels so weird and abnormal, when in reality maybe it is a really healthy thing.

Who knows.

5 comments:

  1. Go with the flow and don't think to hard about these things. Keep them in the back of your mind but don't let them control you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's some good advice right there, girl.

      Delete
  2. I don't know, Lauren girl. It's hard to say. But I like your now-plan. Seek Christ with your entire being and learn more and more about him. And hey, prayers work wonders. Never doubt that. God has everything worked out. Trust him and follow Him in faith. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, analyzing - I know about that too. It's kind of fascinating that everything can be analyzed though..

    Sometimes life is confusing, but yes, I second Cally's advice - you can't go wrong pursuing Christ. xx


    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥