Welcome to my favorite season of the year. I love the candy corn, sweaters, jeans, boots, smell of bonfires and leaves crackling under your feet. Oh, fall, how I adore you. It hasn't always been this way, but I'm realizing that summer is almost a little too hot for me and that I adore the chilliness that comes in the fall that requires a light jacket.
August Goals
1. Do my devotional track from TLC daily.
There was a period where I was sick for a week and so I didn't priortize my time when I was feeling good during the day to get it done. I think there were a total of two days where I didn't do it on the day I was supposed to.
I have been several accountability partnerships and I've been sure to check in with them about how things are going post-conference at least twice.
3. Be patient and spur the others in my community of believers to good deeds
It's really hard to mark these types of goals, but I do think that I am trying to spur others in my community by encouraging them in their faith. I think I can do way better at the being patient with others, however.
Finally got an iPhone and it is up and running. I'm thankful to have this goal completed!
I'm claiming leadership in a couple of different ways, but since we have only had two meetings, we haven't had a ton of time to develop this. I have met with one of the younger girls and talked and discussed how she feels about this coming year and what we can do as the leadership to improve things. So I do feel like I have made some headway in this area of trying to lead and guide the younger girls.
Somehow I managed to finish my last summer reading book the day before we started back to school, but in either case my teacher didn't have us doing anything with it until this week.
September Goals
1. Memorize 2 verses
In August I memorized Philippians 3:8 that talks about the surpassing worth of knowing Christ and it came to my mind frequently when I was tempted to get caught up in the things of this world. I have noticed again how important it has been so I want to do it for two more verses this month.
2. Read 2 Books
This month, I want to get back to the kind of books I was reading like Keep it Shut and Every Bitter Thing is Sweet.
I want to read Nobody's Cuter Than You by Melanie Shankle and The Island by Elin Hilderband.
3. Find possible books and arrangements for a school year Bible Study
I'm thinking about making arrangements, making movement towards creating a school year Bible study with the younger girls in my youth group. Right now I'm trying to decide if I'm just going to pick one book and go through it with one girl, or if I will wait until next semester and do it with all of them when I'm able to drive all of them. Basically, this month I need to make some movement in deciding what I'm going to do.
4. Pray Daily
Prayer and communication with Christ is so vitally important and so from this day forward, I want to make sure that I spend time praying everyday.
5. Plan and schedule college visits
This month I need to figure out exactly what days I am going to visit different colleges.
6. Schedule when I'm taking the ACT/SAT
These past two goals are not enjoyable, but they need to be done in order to continue to pursue my future education.
5. Plan and schedule college visits
This month I need to figure out exactly what days I am going to visit different colleges.
6. Schedule when I'm taking the ACT/SAT
These past two goals are not enjoyable, but they need to be done in order to continue to pursue my future education.
What are you going to do this month as summer officially wraps up?

I'm sorry you spent a week sick! That's no fun. I hope that you have a wonderful September! :)
ReplyDeleteAhg, Fall is definitely the best season! And good jorb on your achieved goals!
ReplyDeleteAww, I'm sorry you've been sick! I was sick for a while and it wasn't fun :) Hope you have an amazing September!
ReplyDelete