September 29, 2016

Una Oración

As I sit down in my little car named Charlie, I close my eyes and emotions start to fill my eyes, but this time with tears of happiness. I think back to the past and all of the times that my attitude regarding school was one of the complete opposite; of discontent and frustration about the things around me.   

The fact that I have the privilege to take part in so many activities and be involved in a public school starts to formulate in my mind.
Starting the engine, I roll down the windows and popped a CD in, waiting for some of my favorite songs to come to life.
“Jesus, you have blessed me with so much. With a family who cares so much about me that they want to reward me for making good decisions in my life that are ultimately a reflection of You in my life. Thank you for a car that I’m able to drive, the friends I’ve been blessed with at school that I get to see like Grace, Kate and Madi and the trust I’ve formed with my parents that has given be the ability to do fun things.” I turned down the radio so I would be able to focus on the cry of my heart that was being expressed to Jesus.
“Thank you for a boss who is flexible and easy to communicate with and for giving me the opportunity to work. Even though, Lord, I’ve always had so many struggles regarding youth group, I thank you for the instances where You have shown Yourself faithful through the situations that occur and through the people that have an influence on me. Sometimes I’ve been blessed by the presence of others and sometimes I’ve learned the lessons of patience and respecting those even if I am extremely upset with the things that are being done. I thank you that even through the hard things in life, you have given me strength to get through it and that there was a purpose in all of it. Thank you for proving yourself faithful by giving me the courage to get through the first awkward moments in yearbook and giving me the strength to get through it so that I could come to realization of how much of a blessing it is to my life now and my involvement in high school.”

And I pray that even through this time in my life that is going smoothly, that you would remind me that you are the King of the World and that you are still faithful, even when things come up that don't go my way.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're happy, Lauren:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH. babe. i know this deep deep down. there is such a joy that comes from Christ and i pray, I PRAY that i will never lose it even in the hard times. He is constant. we can trust him. cry. <3333

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so happy. This is so you i love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. like, vanessa said, this is SO YOU, lauren. i love this <3 this is my prayer.

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥