October 25, 2016

5 pieces of advice

one-
refuse to stay in the box you've always stayed in.
don't just continue to do something out of habit,
because you don't want to loose history and routine.
if you don't like it, let it go.
pursue the things that truly allow you to live and breathe. 

two-
Strive to find at least one person who understands you. 
find someone that has that same passion for writing.
someone who understands your reactions,
helps you process through your emotions.
allows you to be raw and real.
this person doesn't have to be your best friend.
just find one who you know truly understands.

three-
take a few minutes to write a letter.
but refuse to rush through what you mean.
take the time,
mean what you say.
allow the words to penetrate the heart.
strive to make an impact and encourage. 

four-
take the time to really feel.
take the time to take an extra walk.
write out and process your emotions.
spend time in God's word.
And refuse to let busyness and work take over your life.
don't allow stress to take up every moment.
allow yourself to live.
don't miss one moment of happiness because you don't have 
'time'.  



five-
above all, seek to live a life worthy of the calling.
love others more than yourself.
refuse to let the devil fool you with lies.
live a free and joyful life.
because of the message of the gospel.
fulfillment will truly come from that,
not from any temporary moments of this world. 

6 comments:

  1. yea yes yes.
    Oh how I needed to hear this today. Thank you so much for your honesty and vulnerability. God is using you in amazing ways!

    elissa // letters-to-jayna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all such wonderful advise! I really connected with the third one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS SO INSPIRING! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saved this post. It's full of some of the best advice I've heard in a long time. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this post is probably my all-time favorite of your posts. It really reminds me why I follow your blog; your posts are always so encouraging, inspiring me to strive my hardest for Him every day. <3 As a writer, number 3 really meant a lot to me -- about making every. single. word count.
    I really needed this post. Thank you so much for sharing your words of wisdom. <3

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first one....letting go. It's so hard sometimes, and I'm learning that, but the reward of freedom and rest is so, so, so much greater. Lauren, this post is beautiful and your advice is inspired and encouraging. I needed this positivity in my life today <3

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥