October 7, 2016

i miss you

Strangely, it's almost as if the feeling is foreign.
I miss you.
It's strange to feel this way. To go about my day, wondering what it would have been like.
If I had held on to you.
If I hadn't let go.
Feeling the warm presence of your chest against mine.
The warm grasp of fingers intertwined in mine.
Oh, how can I miss something I never had?



I miss the butterflies in my stomach, the way I felt anticipation to see your face.
The way you treated me with respect.
Wanted to talk to me. Acknowledged me.
And now I don't even get a hello.  
Yesterday, my heart thudded for ten minutes after I got a single smile from you. I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work.
I couldn't stop thinking about how cute you looked, in that fuzzy sweatshirt. Oh, how I wanted to feel you in my arms.
How could we have just given up everything we had? How do we go about our lives, pretending we never had anything...and now all we do is barely say hello.

Oh, how I miss you.
Even if you don't miss me.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is too real. Beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, as usual.

    With love and all joy,
    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post!! <3 Thanks for sharing!

    Sophia xx
    A Lantern In Her Hand
    The Inkpot Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. crap.
    that shouldnt have hit me as hard as it did.
    wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is one of the hardest things about life's changes; growing up in particular. It can be so hard when relationships change. It can also be crazy hard to find God's plan in the midst of missing. It reminds me a bit of Paul and Barnabas, you know? When they split ways at the end of Acts, Paul ended up going with Silas and meeting Timothy, people who became so important to his life and ministry. Even in the hardest, craziest, messiest situations God can bring out glory even after a massive fallout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, this is really beautiful...

    ~Ash
    apieceofmysky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa. that. was. awe. inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥