March 27, 2017

and then there was a boy



I never thought I would have to write something like this during my high school years.
I have a thing with a boy.
You would think that everything would be awesome, that I would have a smile on my face and that there would be an element of extreme excitement in my life. And there definitely is. But:
It's pretty complicated.
When a guy is not as into Jesus as I am, it brings an interesting element to a friendship, especially if you have feelings for one another. It’s an interesting situation to be in and it has many different perspectives, things to think through and areas to be careful.
At this point, I’m realizing I need to trust God that he knows what he’s doing and that I don’t need to try and have control over the situation. But I also need immense wisdom to make sure I’m still protecting my heart, no matter what.
This is something that is quite complicated and I am already learning a lot of lessons about as far as how to handle relationships and things to keep in mind for the future.
One thing I know for sure, whether we start dating or not, God is definitely using this to teach me things that I will continue to remember for the rest of my life.
One thing that I'm really learning from this experience is how much trust and communication are so vital for good relationships. Talking about where you stand so that you are on the same page and talking about boundaries is so important. And let me tell you: jealously will be the death of you if you don't keep your mind in the right spot.

Clearly this is a big deal and it would feel weird if I didn't mention it at all on my blog, however, this is probably all I will share with you about it for now.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the title of this post and I might just steal it from you one day. :)

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren - I really appreciate you sharing this! It's something personal in your life and the fact that it just went out to us is pretty awesome - I probably wouldn't be brave enough. <3
    Anyway, continue to guard your heart. Don't lower your standards for anyone or anything and continue to open your heart to God and his amazing possibilities.
    Love, Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you through all of this!

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥