April 28, 2017

here's the one to my best friend


Jesus works in crazy ways in our lives, when we are least expecting it.
I never thought I would meet someone in high school who would have the same values as I do and would be a best friend for me to really live life with.
In my earlier high school days, I had really close friends who didn’t attend this school. They didn’t understand what it’s like to be an in culture such as the one I am. That made it difficult in some ways because I would sometimes talk about things going on but they would never be able to empathize with what I was going through. They could sympathize with me and try to understand it, but never be able to really understand it.
The awesome thing about Kate is that I can talk to her every single day and she can relate to the stories I tell about other people or the chemistry test that I’m stressing over at 11pm on the night of my birthday. (true story)
I am blessed to have lived another year of life, and as I think back to the people who have really impacted the last year of my life, she stands out in my mind.
She’s been there for me as I’ve gone through my first experience with a boyfriend, which has included a lot of confused emotions. She has always been there for me to help me process them.
She has been there for me when we’ve had tests to study for, the SAT to take and shopping to do. I am forever grateful for her advice, her shoulder to cry on and her ability to empathize with things I’m going through.


And most of all, I can have so much fun with her. Whether it is taking a late night drive to steak and shake with Kate and her sister or traveling to Cedar Pointe, I have so many memories with this girl. She will always play such a large role in my high school life. 

I love you, tingo.


2 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest post. Lauren you are such a sweet person! I would melt reading this if I was the person you are talking about here. I know what you mean though, sometimes you need someone who goes to the same school and knows what life is like for you to really connect with them. Glad you found someone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! and thank you for leaving such a sweet comment :)

      Delete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥