Each of us love to be encouraged on something that we are doing right or how we are impacting someones life. But, if we love being encouraged so much, then why don't we encourage more?
Here are a few examples in my own life where I was encouraged, and that has encouraged me to do the same.
1. The other day, I was sent a message from one of my best friends that said something along the lines of thank you for being so patient with me. Isn't that encouraging when we know that we are impacting someone's life for the better?
2. My friend at school the other day told me, "Lauren, you're beautiful, but you don't think you're beautiful because you can only see the flaws in yourself."
So, when someone is being such a good example to you...or is in need of encouragement in their own life (either they are feeling unworthy, or something like that), there are several ways that you can encourage them!
1) Sometimes people can express feelings of feeling unworthy. One way you can encourage people in these situations is by giving them a verse to check out. One of my favorite verses is from Isaiah comes from chapter 49 which says, "Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'The potter has no hands'? God has created each and everyone of us for a specific purpose, and when we put ourselves down because we think we are ugly or that God could never use us, we are basically telling the God of the universe, you have no hands. If you come across someone who is suffering with this problem, share this verse with them, or if you are struggling with this, I want you to take note! This has helped me a ton to be content in who I am because Christ made me. Even if the person isn't coming out and saying that they are feeling bad about themselves, compliment them on something! One of the things God blessed you with is your beautiful eyes.
2) People can be so encouraging and they don't realize how they are impacting our lives! Take the moment to say something to them about how they are encouraging you. To one of my friends the other day I said something about, "one of the things I love about you is the fact that you aren't afraid to be yourself and you help me to do things that I would never do otherwise!" If someone is being a good influence in your life...let them know you love them and that they are being a gift to you!
I read this blog post the other night about encouraging the young men in your life, and encouraging them to be a godly man! I think we can be encouraging the boys in our live as well, just not in the same way that we do to girls! Check out the blog post if you get a chance, because the authors words are beautiful!
Beautiful post!
ReplyDeleteI <3 your blog!
being-hidden.blogspot.com
Another lovely post, Lauren! <3 =) Such great thoughts!
ReplyDelete