October 24, 2014

Finding Audrey {Final Parts}

Here are parts 6 & 7 of Finding Audrey. This is the conclusion of the story! If you missed Parts 1-5, please click here to read them.
Check out the entire story coming on an individual page soon. Please give me feedback on what you thought of the entire story!
******************************************************************************
PART 6
  Sitting in a booth the next morning, we talked about what to do because we had heard nothing from Audrey. The lodge was packed with people, because nine o’clock was a popular time to go to breakfast. Students waited impatiently in the hot line, waiting for fresh pancakes and waffles to be made, their backpacks hanging off their shoulders. Suddenly we heard a commotion, and there was Molly.
“Molly!” Addy yelled, trying to get Molly’s attention. She quickly ran over and practically fell into the booth seat.
“Have you heard from Audrey? I tried to get here as quickly as possible before you went too your classes.” She was out of breath from running.
“Good thing,” I said, looking at the time on my phone. “I need to leave in about ten minutes.”
I turned off my phone and faced Molly. “We haven’t heard anything from her.”
******************************************************************************
Audrey woke up, the sun shining brightly in her face. She looked around, trying to figure out where she was. In front of her, she saw a road, and cars in the distance. Jerking herself awake, she realized she was still in her car.
“What time is it?”
She pushed the button her car, and tried to get the time to show up. There was no response. When she put her key into the ignition, nothing happened.
She pounded her fist on the dashboard, and the memory of last night came back to her. Her car was sitting on the side of the road because she had managed to get over, despite the traffic that came from an accident. The traffic was backed up for twenty miles because of this accident. Yesterday, when she saw the low gasoline light come on, she had no way of getting off to get gas at a station because the next exit wasn’t for ten more miles.
She climbed into the passenger seat, grabbed her purse and keys, and started walking towards the closest farm house she could see in the distance, before she lost her boldness. She knew she had to do nothing because she had no way to communicate with anyone.  
******************************************************************************
Colton, Ben, Addy and I were sitting on the couch in Molly’s apartment, which was small but cute. She had various little tables in her apartment, along with beautiful lights that draped across the back part of her patio. She lived in Atlanta Georgia, and was a PR assistant. Even though she didn’t make a large sum of money from her career, she had more than enough to make her little apartment seem like a second home for everyone.  
“Do you guys want anything to drink?” She asked, walking towards the kitchen. “I have cappuccino, tea and lemonade.”
Addy and I looked at each other. “Cappuccinos please!”
Colton and Ben went for lemonade, and Molly got herself a chai tea.
“We’ve got to find Audrey by tonight, or I’m calling the police,” Colton announced. “I can’t bear to have my sister…” he struggled to find the words to finish, “not come back…”
“I didn’t see her car on the way up here.”
Colton said, “But she doesn’t usually come this way. She uses her phone and it usually takes her up through the country roads.” His eyes lit up, and he smiled. He quickly grabbed his car keys and headed towards the door. “Anybody want to go with me to find her?”
All of us quickly piled into Colton’s car, and started to drive back on the country road route that Audrey would have taken to get to Molly’s house.
******************************************************************************
Audrey reached a small, quaint little farm house, and took a deep breath. Marching towards the door, she proceeded to knock on the door.
“Can I help you?” A little lady opened the door. She was about seventy years old, with white hair and glasses on her face. She was wearing an apron, and the smell of pumpkin pie drifted out of the house.
“Yeah,” Audrey said, smiling. “So, my car broke down on the side of the road…and I kinda left my phone at home. Would it be okay if I used your phone?”
“Of course!” The lady smiled, and invited her in. “Let me show you where our phone is. Would you like something to drink?”
“No thank you,” Audrey said politely, knowing that she just needed to call her brother as soon as she could.
When she got to the phone, she called Colton’s number as quickly as she could.
******************************************************************************
Part 7
A ring pierced the air. Colton got his phone from his pocket, and handed it to Ben.
“What’s the name say?”
Ben excitedly said, “It’s Audrey!”
Colton grabbed the phone from Ben, and pulled over on the side of road.
“Audrey! Are you okay?”
“Colton, I’m fine! I’m at an old farm house on Taylor Street.”
“I’m coming to pick you up. What’s the house number?”
“7810.”
“See you soon, Audrey.”
He hung up the phone, and breathed a sigh of relief. We all smiled, and headed towards the old farmhouse.
A few minutes later, we pulled up to the farmhouse, and out ran Audrey. We all piled out of the car, and all tried to hug her at one time.
“Oh Audrey, you scared us so bad!”
“Audrey, what happened?”
She laughed and laughed at our reactions, and finally was able to calm down and tell us what happened.
“So, there was a bunch of construction on the country roads, and it was backed up for at least ten miles or something like that. I realized I was low on gas, but the next exit wasn’t for forever, and so I couldn’t get off and get gas. I left my phone at home on accident, and so I had no way to call you. I just spent the night in the car, and then this morning I came and found this farmhouse. Luckily, the lady was super nice and fed me breakfast while I was waiting for you guys.”
“You scared us, Audrey! I could hardly sleep last night because we had no clue where you were.” Ben told us.
Addy and I looked at each other, and then back at Audrey.
Audrey laughed. “Let’s go home. I need to take a shower.”
“Oh yes you do!” Colton laughed, and gave his sister a huge hug.
******************************************************************************

4 comments:

  1. Lol, by the title I thought y'all were adopting a girl named Audrey that you found on a waiting child list. �� #storyofmylife #onlysomethingiwoulddo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that ending, and I think I can guess who everyone is now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting on my blog, Lauren! I seriously appreciate it so much!
    You're a wonderful writer, by the way!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job on the whole thing!!! =D <3

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥