I was able to have an interview with Ty from The Life of Ty, and I wanted to share her responses with you today!
What kinds of things do you like to do in your free time?
Okay total photography weirdo moment. But I am a natural light children's and family photographer, though I frequently veer off of the children and family path and do seniors and engagement. I also play tennis, though I'm pretty darn terrible!
What is your favorite verse/chapter/book in the Bible?
I love a lot of passages, and my "favorite" is subject to change at any moment. Right now (as in today), I just love psalm 1, Romans 8, and Proverbs 31.
How has your perspective on relationships changed over the years?
I guess I'd say I haven't given it too much thought. I mean, I have, but I haven't. I've grown up understanding that sex is to be saved for marriage, and that is something I most definitely strive to do. However, at one brief point I thought that it was important to save hand holding for engagement and first kiss for wedding day (aka courting), but I've realized that that isn't necessary, or even completely good (for me, at least). I'm just playing it by ear and when the time comes, I will seek wisdom from the Lord as to what is right for me.
What characteristics do you look for in someone that you consider your best friend?
Honesty - I want to be able to trust that she will not gossip about me or talk about me behind my back. Most all middle schoolers and a lot of high schoolers cannot really be trusted not to. Gossip is one of the fastest ways to tear down relationships and community.
What are qualities you respect in your friends?
I'm so grateful for Ty, and her willingness to let me interview her!
What are qualities you respect in your friends?
Again, knowing they will not talk about me behind my back. In the past few years, every single broken off friendship was a result of gossip. Gossip is horrible but so satisfying at the moment.
Also, I like chill people and people who enjoy similar things as me and want to hang out frequently.
Tell me some things we may not know about!
1. I drink everything with a straw. It's strange because I didn't start doing this until about a year ago. I feel weird drinking without one.
2. I have 1 attached earlobe and 1 detached earlobe. My ears look completely different, and it's a little weird!
3. Honeydew is my favorite fruit, and I eat a LOT of it. As in, with most meals. But I am very disgusted by cantaloupe.
4. I have an unhealthy obsession with documentaries. Favorite movie genre, hands down, right now. #noshame
What advice would you give your younger self?
I wish I hadn't worried so much about popularity in middle school. It caused a lot of drama, and popularity is way less glamorous than it appears. In 6th grade, a sweet college girl told me just that. I so wish I had listened to her! I wish I had hung out with the people who I genuinely enjoy. I still struggle with this daily at school.
Also, I wish I had tried more things when I was younger. I so so wish I had played volleyball in middle school, and jumped in head first as a freshman. I am just now starting tennis and running, and I realize that I really like those! In 7th grade, I was signed up for cross country but quit the day before practices began because of the fear of failure. So basically, I wish I hadn't avoided team sports so much.
In 7th grade, I did the school musical, even though I morbidly fail at singing and dancing. While I pretty much sucked, I am SO glad I did it!
I'm so grateful for Ty, and her willingness to let me interview her!

i love romans 8! it's my favourite passage too<3
ReplyDelete(and the advice to your younger self you gave? it would be almost exactly the one i would give my younger self too) great guest post ty!
xxx.
You have a lovely blog, Lauren. Keep up the good work, hun.
ReplyDeletex
PS: loved the last answer.
ReplyDeleteGreat interview!!! And your advice for your younger self is spot-on, Ty.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Grace Anne
http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/
All of this.
ReplyDeleteI love it.
*slams cup down and uses Thor voice* ANOTHER.
this was an amazing interview :) i loved all the answers, especially the last answer. i agree with it 100%.
ReplyDeletealso, i awarded you - http://autumnreadsandwritesallday.blogspot.com/2015/06/tags-awards.html
What a fun interview! You rock asking questions, Lauren.
ReplyDeleteAnd that advice sounds exactly like what I'd give younger me *sigh*. Also, only with straws? That's so funny! Whenever I get one 99% of the time I take it out XD