June 27, 2015

Love Already Won: Once and For All

Homosexuality is something that has blown up on social media from the law that was passed yesterday: making it legal in all 50 states for gay marriages to take place.
First of all, I don't that just because a Supreme Court makes a decision means it is right. The Supreme Court's decision is a complete disobedience towards God.
A lot of people don't understand that Christian's don't hate homosexuals. This may be why people are so happy that the gays can finally be "happy" without being persecuted. Granted, any person who is persecuting them because they are gay...that is not the way that God wants us to treat others. I don't think homosexuals should be treated any differently, but should be gently pointed to the Bible and that it is an act that goes against God's word.
"even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves due penalty for their error." (Romans 1)
Christians are called to love and respect everyone, but they are also called to give guidance to those who are disobeying God.
I don't believe that being gay "isn't a choice, you're born with it".
Here's the thing: everyone is born with a sin disposition. Sin is going to seem enticing, and even right, sometimes.
Everyone has lied, been jealous, said things that are hurtful: all of these things are sins, just like homosexuality acts are.
Do we continually beat up those who say mean things, or lie? Each and everyone of us is no different than a homosexual.
Everyone is going to sin, and the reality is, we live in a sin cursed world. Please don't be surprised by this Supreme Court decision. Sure, it's saddening, but we live in a world with sin. It doesn't mean it's right to not stand up for Biblical marriage, but it also says in the Bible in 2 Timothy 3:
"in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy heartless, upeasable..." 
People love themselves, and they just want everyone to be "happy". But if we are living in the way that God calls us to live because of His death on the cross that allowed love to win once and for all, our lives aren't about us and what we want. It's about dying to ourselves and living according to His word.
The definition of what is right and wrong, according to the world, is all up to you, and may be different for each person.
Sure, it can be all up to you, but that doesn't change that fact that we have a God who will judge US ALL for our sins.
It doesn't matter what we do, if we don't trust in Christ as our Savior, that we are sinners, and that we cannot gain entrance into Heaven without a perfect substitution, we will be separated from Him for eternity.
The Supreme Court did make a sin legal. 
It's sad.
But we have hope: because love already won for us....once and for all.
Thank the Lord for His gift of love on the cross that can give us a life in eternity with Him.

7 comments:

  1. Yes. Very well said. Being "born with" sin (I haven't looked into the logistics of all that, but the point stands...) doesn't make it not sin. We are all born with sin.

    Excellent post, Lauren!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cool thing about science is that it applies to the real world whether you like it or not. And science pretty much tells us that you don't choose to be homosexual. I suppose it depends on what you believe, but for an athiest like me, I place my trust in science instead of God. Interesting post. I was just sharing the athiest perspective on this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much my thoughts summed up, but said way better :) New Zealand passed the law a while ago and I was sad to hear the US didn't take a stand and say no. I guess we have to remember that we live in a sinful world and that God's law is always above the governments- also, we know that in the end God will pass judgement.
    The entire thing just makes me sad for the human race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole thing makes me really upset. The title of your post sums it up perfectly- Love already won. Personally, I'm also really offended by the fact that the rainbow is their symbol, when it is really a symbol of god's grace and providence. This all just shows how truly messed up and sinful our world is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing post, Lauren. And I agree with you 100%. We are called to love everyone- and we cannot judge, we are all sinners ourselves. But it is sad, sad to know the things this world has come to accept, sad to know how corrupted everything is.
    We have hope and faith, though, in Him who is coming.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is literally the best blog post I have seen in a longggg time.
    My thoughts EXACTLY. It feels really good to see Christians out there my age who are saying No to being Gay. THANK YOU!
    Just found this blog & I'm in love.
    Keep Shining,
    Soph :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, i had wanted to comment on this post the first time i read it, and completely forgot. so sorry...
    but thank you so so so much for writing this post. when the supreme court made gay marriage legal, it literally exploded on social media. everywhere rainbows and everything, there wasn't literally one single post that was for Christ. Lauren, I'm so happy you did this post and I agree with on EVERY single little thing on this post...good job <3

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥