June 5, 2015

Things I Miss

There's a lot of things I miss from my childhood, and even some recent things I miss, and today I wanted to reminisce back on those moments.  


~The memories I have of my cousins and I at our grandparents house, that will never happen again. It gets harder and harder for us to get together because of our busy schedules and growing up. It's something I am coming to the reality that it is slowly going away and it makes me sad.

~Youth group when I first joined. I was surrounded by lots of older girls that were an influence on me, and now I only have one girl that is older than me. Youth group when I first joined was just...different, than it is now.

~ Family friends that have moved away. I miss running around at the splash pad with their kids, and babysitting them. They were honestly our family's best friend's, and I haven't seen them for two years. I miss them <3

~The days where we used to go camping, and my two older cousins went along. We have great memories digging "dirt towns", and honestly it's a childhood memory that only my family and I can understand. Going to the pool, running around when it was "late" outside, those are some of the things I miss doing with my cousins when we would go camping.

~Going to the Liki Tiki Village resort in Florida with my extended family is something I wish could happen again. We all stayed in the same condo, and even though I was young and I don't really remember much, I remember flying on the plane...and it just being one of the most exciting things ever. Planning another trip with my extended family where we can all go stay...even for one night, would be something incredible.

~I miss the days where we would have babysitters come over, and we would have dance parties to the classic webkinz song "Tiger Tiger". We would always have a blast with the babysitters, and I could remember being excited throughout the entire day for them to come over.

~ I miss Utah, and the opportunity we had to help serve and plant the Church. I missed the time I had with other believers, and it was truly an amazing experience. If we went on a trip like that now, there is absolutely no way it would be the same.
~I miss when my cousins would come over and spend the night. All four of them, when they would come over, was such a wonderful feeling. Similar to nights camping, I felt happier when they were around.


What are some of your favorite childhood memories or things that you miss/wish could happen 
again?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I need your help creating a different name...a more creative name for my blog.
If you've read my blog for any length of time or know me personally, you can probably help me more with this than newer readers, but I seriously need a change in the name.
I feel like it's very bland and it doesn't really describe the entirety of my blog and what my goal is for the blog. 
I seriously need some help with coming up with new names, so if you have ideas, please leave them below! 

7 comments:

  1. Nostalgia. I feel so much nostalgia. Love this post <3 I can totally relate to most of those things.

    What's your favorite Bible verse? Maybe you could use a phrase of that to title your blog...Like Psalms 107:9 is one of my favorites... you could use the phrase "Satisfied Soul" or "Hungry No More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family friends that moved away is a huge difference. The summer before middle school, there were three other families living in the neighborhood, and a lot of us ran out and played hide and go seek a lot. I'm too old now to play out there any more, but the families with kids have all moved away, except one, but because of the age difference I don't talk to them unless it is to say hello.

    I love your blog name! But if you really insist on changing it, then I agree with Lorraine's idea, because nearly every post you have written-- your blog in general, really-- always reflects values that we, as followers of Christ, should reflect. I'm horrible at making blog names, but I hope this helps. ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many memories! Gosh. There are so many things from my childhood that I miss. My best friend, whom I haven't seen in exactly ten months and twenty days. Playing millions of different "pretend" games with my sister. Shows that I've been a part of, that are long since over and gone. Days when school was finished before noon. Not being stressed out by everything. When the biggest drama was who had the best Littlest Pet Shop figures. So many things.

    Hmm, I really don't know! I have to agree with Morning, I love your blog name. If you really want to change it though, I would have to say something along the lines of what Lorraine said. A part from your favorite Bible verse, or maybe some different qualities that you strive towards? I'm really not sure, I'm horrible at naming things haha. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Childhood leaves us with so many memories that are hard to leave behind. I definitely have deep moments of nostalgia about mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AGH...don't even get me started on childhood. There were so sooo many amazing memories I made when I was a child with some of my best friends back then. And well, I still see those "best friends" every day now, but we're not best friends. We had our own secret club and we planned this HUGE birthday party for their sister. And we all fit in great too. There were two boys and two girls, me being one of the girls. They were all siblings, but we all were really great friends :)

    And as for names, I do not excel at those. Have you seen my blog name? It's probably the most unoriginal name out there :) But I don't know...I'd say, like Lorraine, something you like from the Bible. Or maybe something that means a lot to you. Something you stand for or believe in strongly, and a phrase or word that describes it? That probably didn't make much sense, but I've been thinking about names too, and I haven't come with a lot. The best one I've come up with is Touch the Sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel...:( I miss my brothers who used to play stuffed animals with me when I was little, (they either live somewhere else or are married) I miss playing (we weren't supposed to :) during nap-time with my sisters when I was little, my best friend who left with her family to England about 5 years ago.
    swimming, playing the old play-station 2, my brother would try to steal my stuffed dogs and we would have to have a "court-case" to get them back :) we'd play games about world war 2, the rat patrol (an old world war 2 TV show) building obstacle courses in my grandma's basement, jumping on blow-up mattresses, playing Indiana Jones, thanksgiving and Christmas plays, playing "the monkey game" where we'd act out a monkey family and steal Christmas candy. Memories are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Names? I loveeee your blog name! However simple you think it may be, I think it sums up your wonderful blog perfectly. <3

    xo,
    megann

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥