January 20, 2016

all we need


oh how my heart breaks when I think about it.
The things he deals with are all things that could easily be fulfilled by God.
Counseling, escaping through various means, all of these things pale in comparison to the freedom found in Christ.
How he needs Jesus ❤
Lord, I pray you will bring him closer to Yourself.
I know you have a plan through all of it, but it is hard to see someone you've known for so long crumble to pieces.
The hidden secrets behind his cheerful face. 
The falseness of his actions and his double personality.
Lord, can't he see he needs You?
Can't he see that the choices he are making are deceiving, degenerating and incredibly destructive? 
Lord, I am so thankful for the way you have captured me with Your love and have grown me closer to Yourself. Thank you for showing me the way you want me to live in my life that is in accordance with your Word. I am thankful that you have put the desire in my heart to continue to seek You daily. That is something that does not come from myself. 
Thank you for your amazing grace and the way You fulfill me so I do not need to look anywhere else for satisfaction.  
Thank you for being all I need. 

Isaiah 55:9: "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." 

33 comments:

  1. I can really sympathize with this Lauren! I've definitely prayed similar prayers many times in my life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you can relate to this! I love it when I can somehow use my writing to connect to people! :) Thanks for reading, it means so much to me!

      Delete
  2. Whoa...have you been spying on my life? 'Cause...this is sooooooo relateable, it's weird. Amen, He is all I need. It almost brings me to tears. I desperately need to remember that truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe ;) I'm really glad you can relate to it because I love writing I can personally connect to, so I'm glad that it can be the similar experience for you!

      Delete
  3. Oh, how this is such a familiar story...

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude, yes. how many times have i though this while reading through the Psalms where David talks about his friends who are now his foes, his pleadings to God to spare him -- so familiar.

    thank you for that isaiah verse.....that verse is just, so, caring. GOD CARES. sometimes i need to remind myself that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes <3
      I love that verse! We sometimes try to figure out why certain things are happening and we don't understand why we don't! It's because his ways will never really be fathomable to us until we get to heaven and see it from the other side!

      Delete
  5. this is such a beautiful touching and heartfelt prayer. i know God will hear and use it somehow <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you <3 and yes, he hears us when we call. i'm thankful for that!

      Delete
  6. amen. love this so much. <3

    xo
    emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. This brings tears. This is beautiful<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS. This has been heavy on my heart so much lately, like can you read my mind or something??????????? Gah, thank you for this. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, apparently I can read minds :) I think that somehow God prompted me to write this because he knew that many of you could relate to it. you feel me? thanks for your comment ♥

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. God is so good even when we are like wahhhhhh :)

      Delete
  10. amen!

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are speaking my mind right now!! AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your prayers are so pure and beautiful.
    Like, ack. ♥ my heart. this is glorious.

    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuuu ♥
      creds to the one who is the reason we pray in the first place ;)

      Delete
  13. i feel this in the places in my heart that are quietly being restored. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Lauren, this is so beautiful.

    I love everything you've done to your blog - the new name, design, & content.

    Your blog is so encouraging & I love reading all your writing.

    Caroline

    thecarabelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline! Your comment means so much to me :)

      Delete
  15. amen. amen. amen.

    p.s. sorry for not getting back to you about the interview- i have no excuse except that school is taking over my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey no problem, is your email still the same? We can get to it whenever you aren't busy :) no problemo

      Delete
  16. hon, this is absolutely beautiful♥ this prayer (especially the later part) is the truest and most wonderful thing i've read today. thank thank and thank you for sharing<3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've prayed a similar prayer for a girl I know. Its heartbreaking and freeing at the same time.
    Thank you for sharing.
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥