January 23, 2016

Currently in January


reading... Writing in the Margins by Lisa Hickman and I am hoping to start Every Bitter Thing is Sweet by Sara Hagerty.

playing...my guitar. We are making slow but steady progress on learning how to play it.

trying...to accomplish all of the things I need to get done in one day, devotional time, practicing guitar, homework, reading, there are just so many things to accomplish in one day and not enough time.

eating...well I really love sunchips. muy bien.

drinking...water because pop makes me break out, coffee has caffeine in it and juice has too much sugar so sometimes my face breaks out because of that. So yeah, water has been tasting fabulous lately.

texting...one of my good friends, Rhea. We are having some great conversations about the future and trusting God. Ya know, those two go really well together.

going...and having a Bible study with one of my friends. It's been a fabulous way to break up the school week and go out and do something fun.

loving...how blessed I have been with the friends I have been given. So so blessed.

discovering...that there is SO much to learn about God. I am discovering how important it is to make time for Him.

thinking...about the future, what job I am going to have this summer, my clothing budget, money, college funds, yeah all that fun stuff.

feeling...kinda stressed out because there isn't enough time to get done everything I've prioritized for each day. There is an overwhelming about of things to consider besides schoolwork and I'm kinda nervous for how bad next year is going to be with the even more complex work load. But I'm learning, I need to trust God. 

hoping (for)...some snow next week so we can have a day where I don't have to go to school. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen though because the average of the high next week will be about 40.

listening (to)...Andrew Belle. My friend was like if you like Ben Rector you'll like him, so I'm giving him a listen.

considering...putting exercise goals into my Making February happen goals list.

starting...to write in the margins of my Bible after reading the book I mentioned before. It has been amazing style of worship and I am starting to discover other ways of worshiping besides of just what we usually think of (praying, singing, serving, etc).

finishing...organizing and clearing out some of the things in my room. I took an entire bookcase out of my room because it was just gathering dust and I feel very accomplished to say the least.


What are you up to currently?

13 comments:

  1. SUNCHIPS ARE COOL. also quesadillas w/ tomatoes + avocado + grilled onions are muy deliciosos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also trying to learn guitar, organising is very satisfying isn't it?
    I enjoyed this post a lot Lauren, lovely!

    ~Lauren x
    ~Pretty Things & Polka Dots~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts! Sunchips are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love sunchips.

    i've been gong through auditions mostly. and being awkward as usual.

    xx
    emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh guitar <3 that sounds fun! i've always thought people who play guitar are just really cool. you're cool. =) i bet it's like 200 times more easier than violin anyways.

    lovely post, lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE GUITAR. it took me awhile to get ahold of it, but i'm sure you'll catch on soon enough. *grins* AND I LOVE ANDREW BELLE. SO MUCH. he is mah boy. i also like ben rector so. also, my favorite conversations have been about God because you just get so deep and it's so holy and good and...great. i think that, yeah, that may be another way of worshiping God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this so much. Seeing updates about what bloggers are doing is actually my favorite type of blog post!

    I have been doing a bunch of crazy things lately. Like plan and accomplish a Bridal Shower for my sis???? Definitely never thought I'd have to/would be able to do that. But it happened.

    Mostly just learning that God is still speaking in the silence, God is still moving in the stillness, and there is still Kingdom Work to be done, no matter where you are.

    Love this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE SUN CHIPS

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you've been nominated for an award on my blog, sincerely allie. (sincerelyallied.blogspot.com)

      Allie D.
      www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
      www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
      www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
      www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

      Delete
  9. Ahhhh stressing out about future is me right now. :P Like thinking about jobs, and school, and everything that has to do with writing and I JUST WISH THAT THINGS WEREN'T SO UNCERTAIN. *sigh* That's life and learning how to trust God, I suppose.

    (And omgoodness your blog design is the bestest ever. o.o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to learn to play the guitar! I've tried to convince both my oldest brother and my father to teach me but when ever they show me a cord the neck of the instrument is too big and I can't get my fingers in the right spots. I guess if I'm going to learn I'll have to first find a smaller guitar!
    Have a good rest of the week Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You play guitar!? Thats so neat! I know like, three chords....my brother tried to teach me, but it hurts my fingers. Great post!<3
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥