How much it hurts to be part of squad but not in it.
Bitterness and jealously will continually fight for my attention.
There will be people that everyone gravitates towards, but I will never be that person.
When you try to find your joy from attention, you are never satisfied.
The ordinary life is painful but it is time to grow closer to the One who made me.
Growing up is painful.
Yet beautiful.
And they never tell you about the sadness you will feel as your older friends graduate.
I'll never be the most gorgeous one.
But through it all,
I am discovering that
He is faithful.
When you try to find your joy from attention, you are never satisfied.
The ordinary life is painful but it is time to grow closer to the One who made me.
Growing up is painful.
Yet beautiful.
And they never tell you about the sadness you will feel as your older friends graduate.
I'll never be the most gorgeous one.
But through it all,
I am discovering that
He is faithful.

I relate to this so much oh my gosh.
ReplyDeleteOlder friends graduating is literally the saddest thing in the world. Going to be experiencing that in a couple of months...I'm trying not to think about it. It's not working too well.
You're gorgeous, dear:)
hi i'm dying because i needed this and God knew it. ♥ he is good. we both know it. xx
ReplyDelete<3<3<3 So relatable! Thank you for sharing! God is good!
ReplyDeleteI reread almost every one of your posts because they are so deep and connect so much to my soul.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this. I too feel the struggle. I want to be in the center of attention, desired and attractive. But that's not my identity. My identity is a child of God. Let's live in our identities.
This is an everyday struggle for me. Thanks for this reminder, Lauren!
ReplyDeleteOh man...I know the struggle. But the thing is...I AM one of those people that people gravitate towards, and so when read that line about getting joy from attention never being satisfying, I know it's true. And when there are those times when I'm not the center of attention, it's hard not to let jealousy well up in my heart. It's dangerous being a people person. (And I'm an introvert! What?)
ReplyDeleteamen. God is so so good, and He is teaching you to be brave. <3
ReplyDeleteI so wish I could've read this when I graduated high school. Just know--life is a wonderful thing once you're graduated, even if it's a little funky at first.
ReplyDeleteAmen! The Lord is always faithful!
ReplyDelete