March 2, 2016

making march happen

And here we are, each month seeming to slip by faster than the one before it. I completed 2/3 of my goals for this month which is a really good accomplishment, but I am excited to move onto March with new goals...and spring...and you know what that means: spring break ya'll.  


February Goals 
1. Read 2 Books 
This happened! I read Keep it Shut and you can read my book review on that, here. I also read Every Bitter Thing is Sweet. These two books were amazing and I learned a lot of things from this book that came right from the word of God. Be sure to check one or both of these titles out!

2. Exercise every Wednesday for 30 minutes
Um yeah...this just didn't happen. I did exercise three times this month which is progress. The point of this journey is to make progress, not to meet perfection. However, I am disappointed in myself for not completing this goal, but it wasn't what I made important this month.

3. Bake/create a dessert I've pinned on Pinterest. 
It happened! I created Strawberry Dole Whip. If you would like to check out my Pinterest board for this recipe and many others, please click here! 

4. Read from God's Word everyday.
So...basically I have no idea if this happened. I'm pretty sure I did open my Bible everyday, but I do recall thinking that I didn't really "read" it a couple of days as much as I did just open it to read my devotional. So as much as I did technically complete this goal, I didn't complete it to the best of my ability. 

5. Email about career possibilities. 
This didn't happen either. The only reasonable excuse I have for this not getting done is because I did hear on the radio about the lady's story and how she gained the job/basically her personal story, so I don't know what I would have emailed her about...so yes, that is the only reason that is not going on the list of goals next month. 

6. Go through my dresser and closet.
This happened! I have a pile of clothes that I am going to put in a box for my sister when she can wear my stuff. 


March Goals 
1. Read 2 books. 

2.  Exercise once a week. 
Since I didn't complete this goal last month, I want to accomplish that this month. Technically there are not five full weeks in March, but I do want to exercise every week that there is a "week" present (if that makes any sense at all!). 

3. Research phones & job possibilities 
So I need to figure out the best prices on phones, especially on iPhones because I really really want to get one. I also need to make progress on figuring out what kind of jobs are out there for this summer, as I need to get one. 

4. Write a 500 word story.
 that would be good enough to publish on the blog, that is. Anyone can write 500 words of trash. I want to write about a real life story and fake experience based on real people. The idea of writing this story makes me so excited, but I know that it will take discipline on my part to really polish this and stick through with it.

5. Hit 100 Followers.
I am so extremely close, but I really want to make this happen in March. It would be so so exciting and such an awesome milestone. So here we go: off to find at least 3 more followers! 

6. Send out 4 cards.
Since the beginning of the year, I have found so much joy and encouragement from sending cards out to girls from my youth group. This month, to make sure I continue in this pattern, I want to make it my goal to send out 4 cards. If stamps didn't cost money I would sure send cards to people every single day! (It's not like they are THAT expensive, but it does add up!) 



What do you want to make happen in March? 

16 comments:

  1. Good luck on your goals!! I'm sure that you'll complete them:) I love the goal of sending out cards- cards are so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so too :) I love sending out cards too, especially when it makes someone's day!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic goals! I hope you hit 100 followers. You deserve it, m'dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH 500 word anything kills me. I have written so many 500 word essays for writing I am sick of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I feel you, but usually my essays for honors are more like 1000 words. This isn't really too bad :)

      Delete
  4. I have nominated you for the Infinity Dream Tag/Award. :)
    ( http://landofquiet.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-infinity-dream-tagaward.html )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why thank you :) I don't usually do tags, but thank you for thinking of me! I will for sure check it out

      Delete
  5. I hope that you achieve all of your goals this month! And looking for summer jobs is important right now, but for me, the big thing that on top of my list after studying and doing well in school (which is semi going okay, because pre-Calc is starting to scare me) is actually knowing what I'm majoring in post-high school, because I have no idea what God is calling me to do within that aspect of life.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wow, I hope you do well in pre-Calc. The reason I didn't do higher math when I was younger was so that I don't have to take super hard math later on XD
      Oh yes, that scares me too! But it's okay that you don't know, I think a lot of seniors don't know either.

      Delete
  6. I love that you write letters to the girls in your youth group! I write letters to the elderly people in my church, but sadly the ones I wrote to the most just recently passed away. I love the letters to girls in your youth group though. Mind if I use the idea?

    xoxo,
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun! That is so sad, but such an awesome idea to write letters for them!
      I don't mind at all! In fact I wrote a post about card writing, you can check it out here: http://lovingourcreator.blogspot.com/2016/01/5-steps-to-writing-encouraging-letter.html

      Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete
    2. Oh awesome!! Thanks so much :) and no problem! I love your blog ;)

      xoxo,
      m.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. I have no clue how I didn't find your blog either!! We follow so many of the same blogs!
    But you just got one follower closer to 100, my friend. ;)
    This is the first post I've read and I already love it :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA great goals!! (ps somehow my exercise one NEVER happens as well /embarressed laughter/)

    you go girl! xx

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥