June 22, 2016

a mess of confusion


if i'm real honest with you,
i'm utterly confused.
i am confused on who i am.
yes, i know who i am in Christ, but i'm lost in who i thought i always was.
writing, i've been lacking inspiration in every area.
i feel like it's time to move on from this blog, from what i'm doing.
it seems like i'm accomplishing nothing.
i feel horrible because nothing i am writing is very inspiring.
most of it is just a mess of words upon a screen.
i want to encourage other girls who have had the same struggle as me as I have shared in my testimony, 
but how can i do that with the platform i have on a blogspot domain?

it goes beyond the blogging world too.

i've been realizing that my priorities have been out of wack and my focus has not been right.
my relationship with God seems distant.
i am pursuing him but i'm stuck.
how can i be a leader to others if i still struggle with feeling distant from God?

sometimes i feel like i don't have anyone older than me that can show me the path ahead,
that can give me older sister advice.
not that it's a requirement,
and the friends that are around my age are perfect examples.
but sometimes you just need advice from older girls,
who have gone through it before.


but i trust that God is in control.
even though my emotions feel weird, i can trust promises that hold true.
i am His and He is mine.




any advice for an uninspired blogger?

12 comments:

  1. I know this feeling. I have changed so much this year. Last year I was a completely different person than who I am now and it was a very weird transition but now I realize that who I am now is who I really am. I often tell people that I was such a baby a year ago because my looks changed so much but everything about me changed. It was hard and a long journey to find who I am..

    And about being uninspired sometimes you just gotta wait it out. I know that's not very awe-inspiring advice, haha but that's what I have to do every time. I took an almost year blogging break just because I wasn't inspired. I only wrote a couple times that year but now I'm back full force and I'm inspired. With my music, painting, anything, most the time I just have to wait it out. :)

    I hope you find you , Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you said that "now I realize that who I am now is who I really am." Just because we change doesn't mean that we are someone we aren't supposed to be, change can be good.

      And I do love the reminder that maybe taking a break and only writing when I feel inspired is important: I don't want to force my talent: when it's forced then it is something I'm trying to do for my own glory.

      Thank you for your comment and advice, I so appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. I completely understand, Lauren. Earlier this year i felt like i was drowning in uncertainty and was so confused with what i wanted to do with my life. I asked God repeatedly on what he wanted me to do as a career as the end of high school approached. I had many ideas of what I wanted to be (photographer, graphic designer, etc) but God wasn't tugging on my heart with any of them. So I gave it all to him, all the uncertainty, the fear, and the stress. And he led me right where I needed to be. I'm now working at a preschool and it's the perfect career choice for me. I absolutely love it.

    Thank you for being honest. As Christians we're suppose to lean on each other for guidance and share the things we struggle with. I'll be praying for you, girl! Stay strong. <3
    p.s.
    I was so uninspired a few months ago with blogging. I was stressing over producing good content and photographs yet didn't have a clue on what to write. What I've learned is that you can't rush quality when it comes to blogging. So I simply posted when i felt like it. I stopped blogging for other peoples' expectations and started blogging for my own. And simply not stressing over it has helped me immensely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I love this reminder. When we give over our uncertainty, fear and everything that we think we are, he will lead us right where we need to be.
      Thanks for the reminder that you can't rush quality in blogging, because I think it was something I needed to hear. thank you, thank you, thank you <3

      Delete
  3. I can relate big time. I don't know what else to say...but I feel you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, thank you for writing this. I completely understand how you're feeling, because in a way, that's sort of what I felt too a little while back and sometimes I still get that feeling. Right now for me I'm not totally inspired on my blog either...it's sort of slow and whatever. But I've realized that rather than just randomly posting worthless content, I should stick it out till I feel inspired to post something from my heart, because that's what people want to see.

    And what you said about God...yeah, I understand that. Like, so, so much. Sometimes I don't understand why everything is happening the way it is. Even right now, a lot of changes happened recently, and I don't understand why....but I know that God has a plan through it all. It's just really tough sometimes. And trusting God through that is probably the hardest thing to do. It'd be so easy to drown in self-pity, but, I know from past experience that won't necessarily leave me closer to God. At. ALL. So I guess I would say just take it one step at a time (haha, I'm just typing out what I say to myself every day.) and believe that God will work all things out for good. Even though I don't see it, there's a divine plan for my life and God will work it out in HIS timing, not mine. And in the meantime I guess I'll just pray and hope and keep putting my cares at the feet of Christ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I've always thought I needed to stick to a schedule or people would be tired of the inconsistency of my blog.
      But I think more importantly I need to make sure the content is good or people will stop reading it because of that.
      Even if it is more sporadic, it is important to have well thought out content every time I post.

      Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it <3

      Delete
  5. I definitely understand. I actually have a post about this on my personal blog.

    Here is the link if you'd like to check it out: http://sincerelyallied.blogspot.com/2016/06/stuck-in-life.html

    I'd love to pray for you, if that's alright.

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You say you feel horrible because nothing you seem to write is very inspiring, but this is inspiring. Sharing your heart and confusion with us, and still trusting God is in the midst of it all. This is something we can learn from and look up to. We don't always have our lives put together, and that's okay!

    Elizabeth
    http://whimsicalthoughtss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand this feeling! I love how you are still seeking a relationship with God throughout this tumultuous time. <3 <3

    Grace
    golden halcyon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes it's helpful to take a break, center yourself, and come back when your ready. We'll still be here. I've been there before, and last summer I took a month-long blogging break, and it turned out to be just what I needed. Sometimes stepping back refreshes the creativity.

    Blessings on your journey.

    Serena | poetree

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥