June 11, 2016

Deciding between 2 good things + my life recently

Do you ever completely hate yourself for one choice you made that puts you in a difficult decision?

Me too.

Towards the end of the school year, I was presented with the opportunity to go on a teen leadership conference (TLC) with my youth group.
And I had a horrible attitude about it.
My parents went ahead and planned family vacation for the same week of TLC conference because they were under the impression (and rightfully so) that I had no interest in going.

God really changed my heart and I decided that this was something that I needed to do. Being one of the next leaders in my youth group, I knew that this was something I needed to do to prepare myself for this change in leadership.
However that still left me with the difficult decision between going to TLC or family vacation: both of these options good things.

Oh how I cried. Angry at myself for putting myself in this position and for not listening to the bad attitude that my flesh wanted to put out.



I chose to go to TLC because I knew that this is important and will be very beneficial for the next years as I take over as the primary leaders over my youth group.
It wasn't an easy decision but I do think that it was a good decision, and I am excited to go along with the other three girls in the picture above (along with three other people not pictured).

The lesson I learned from this was that I need to shut my mouth before I know what the Lord really wants me to do.
When I am in constant communion with Him, I will know and leave the door open for what he wants me to do, instead of doing what my flesh wanted to do.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, that's always so hard. I'm terrible at decisions, but it sounds like you made a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen.
    that least sentence struck a cord in my heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brave and mature decision. I applaud you. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥