May Goals
This happened! I read Roadside Assistance by Amy Clipston and Destination Unknown also by Amy Clipston, along with Victim of Grace by Robin Jones Gunn.
2. Memorize 2 verses
Uhh...yeah. I may have tried memorizing verses but I didn't remember to go back and make sure I remembered them.
3. Apply and get a job for the summer.
I did go through an interview this month which was nerve wracking and I also additionally turned in my application 3 more places, so we will see what happens next. I do have an interview with another place scheduled for this week.
4. Finish the senior video
Yeah, this just didn't completely happen, but we made progress which is my point in making these goals. We can make it happen completely in June though.
This happened this month and even though it's not completely edited, I'm glad I got around to at least getting my creative juices flowing with a perspective story putting myself in the situation of a senior, trying to verbalize what that would feel and also look like.
6. Plan for a summer Bible study
This also just didn't cross my mind and I'm not sure exactly how it would look yet if I did do something.
June Goals
1. Finish one summer reading book
I have to read two books for summer reading, and I want to start out this month by finishing one of them.
2. Get a job!!
Since this didn't happen last month, I need to completely follow through and hopefully with this next interview opportunity I can get one.
3. Focus my energy on Christ and not idolizing friendships
One of my goals this month is to make it a priority not to idolize friendships. A good friend brought it up to me and helped me realize how much certain friendships had been taking up a lot of my thoughts and so I need to start focusing more on Christ. This is a trap that I fall into really easily.
4. Create a post for Argonaut Nation
So I've been really bad about this...I was invited back awhile ago in the spring to be a contributor to this blog and because of school wrapping up it was never my priority to get a post done. So I'm not sure why I haven't gotten it done, and I need to make sure I do one or two this month. You can check out their website here.
5. Finish one of my summer goals
I already completed canoeing with friends as part of my summer goals, and I want to make at least one more of these goals for the summer happen this month. You can see the complete list of summer goals here.
One of my goals this month is to make it a priority not to idolize friendships. A good friend brought it up to me and helped me realize how much certain friendships had been taking up a lot of my thoughts and so I need to start focusing more on Christ. This is a trap that I fall into really easily.
4. Create a post for Argonaut Nation
So I've been really bad about this...I was invited back awhile ago in the spring to be a contributor to this blog and because of school wrapping up it was never my priority to get a post done. So I'm not sure why I haven't gotten it done, and I need to make sure I do one or two this month. You can check out their website here.
5. Finish one of my summer goals
I already completed canoeing with friends as part of my summer goals, and I want to make at least one more of these goals for the summer happen this month. You can see the complete list of summer goals here.
What do you want to make happen during this first complete month of summer?

I should write something for astronaut nation too! I always tell my self to but never get around to it. Good luck finding a job! I'm sure you'll find something (:
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your goals!!!
ReplyDeleteWASN'T MAY RIDICULOUSLY MEH!?! IDK MAYBE IT'S JUST ME BUT I FELT INCREDIBLY STRESSED AND TO NO AVAIL IN THE MONTH OF MAY :( blahhhh. anyway hello. *hands over copious amount of waffles* It still looks like you accomplished a lot, girl!! Reading is always and forever a lovely thing. :D
ReplyDeleteALSO JOBS!! It sounds so exciting! *hops around* And writing for Argonaut Nation sounds like so much fun! Best of luck on basically EVERYTHING. GO AND TACKLE THAT MONTH O' JUNE LIKE THE AWESOME SUPERNOVA STAR THAT YOU ARE <3 *hugs*
lotsalove,
abbiee
Same - I think I idolize friendships a little too much. It's always good to put out focus back on God, and especially when we're idolizing things like this.
ReplyDeleteI agree that May has been a super busy month - best of luck with your goals!!
ReplyDelete