July 16, 2016

encourage all the more


The day of Jesus' second return is definitely a coming.
How about instead of criticism and putting others down to make ourselves feel better (even if it is in our mind), we encourage?

In our friends, there are things that are good in them that make us appreciate them.
Sometimes there have been moments in my life where I've thought about complimenting someone, but  I held my tongue for whatever reason. Looking back I wish I would've just given the encouragement instead of holding it in. You never know what a word of encouragement can do to someone, even if you don't know them super well.
I feel like most of the time, you can't go wrong with a word of encouragement.

I love the way you are always so caring with those around you.
I always love your outfits: they are so cute.
I so appreciate you and the way you are such a good friend to me.

However, sometimes it's not so easy to see people through a positive light. Some people are genuinely not good people (we all aren't without Christ) but we have to remember that they need Jesus just as much as we do.
All we can do is ask Jesus to help us see them through HIS eyes.  

Today I encourage you along with myself to give out 5 words of encouragement to five different people in the next couple of days.

See how much it builds them up and makes you feel better about encouraging others!
And by the way, you can never go wrong with a hug or two!  




Hebrews 10:24-25 "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

7 comments:

  1. I definitely agree that hugs are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great message. We are here in the world to help people as much as we can and this is one way to make sure we keep on helping those importunate to us. By the way the picture is above is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reminder! I often dwell too much on the negative in people instead of looking at the positive and encouraging them on that too. Thanks for sharing xxx By the way, you have a lovely blog!

    https://takeheart20.blogspot.co.za/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really sweet post. And a wonderful reminder! <3

    Sophia xx
    A Lantern In Her Hand
    The Inkpot Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful reminder! Thank you for this <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely and much needed post. Thank you, Lauren.

    -T.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen! Thanks for the challenge. It's something I need to do more often. I like the way you linked sharing encouragement with that Bible verse too - it's so true that His soon return should spur us on to share hope and kindness. xx

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥