This post kinda brings a pit to my stomach as I write it. I cannot believe how quickly June and July flew by and how bittersweet it is to know I only have two weeks of summer left.
July Goals
Done. Freedom and responsibility are mine.
So I didn't exactly finish half of the second book, more like 1/4 of it, but I did complete the first one and started the second so that is good progress for mwah.
3. Finish one of my summer goals
Umm, yeah I didn't go to a drive in movie or eat late somewhere or send a youtuber mail. But I had a great last week of July at Teen Leadership Conference which makes every other fun thing pale in comparsion.
4. Finish creating the senior video
I don't know, this just didn't happen.
It's kinda hard to tell and mark the progress of these goals, but I do believe that I have made some headway on using less sarcasm...or I guess I can definitely see progress in handling my emotions better. During the week of TLC, I didn't let my emotions get in the way of trying a few new things and I also could see that God was working in my life in that specific area.
August Goals
1. Do my devotional track from TLC daily.
During the week at TLC, I was grow immensely spiritually and I was so encouraged by the daily devotionals that they had us wake up and do everyday at 7:30. I want to keep doing this everyday this month because I grew closer to God even in the five days they had us do them at camp, and I know how rewarding and how much joy through Christ I have gained from doing them.
2. Continue in my accountability partnerships
I created two specific accountability parternships throughout the week of TLC. One accountability is with a younger girl and one is with a girl my age. I need to keep these up and make sure I'm also striving to fill those commitments I have made myself.
3. Be patient and spur the others in my community of believers to good deeds
Yes most of these goals are relating to what I learned in TLC, but I guess that makes sense doesn't it? Shouldn't we be taking what we learned and making goals to complete those things? In spurring others on to good deeds, I want to pray about a situation where I'm not sure if confrontation is necessary. I also want to make sure that I don't fall into gossip, which also doesn't spur others onto love and good deeds.
4. Find a phone
I'm trying to figure out if I can get a refurbished iPhone or somehow work an iPhone through Sprint's prepaid plan...but whatever I choose to do, I need to get a phone this month. Mucho necesito.
5. Claim leadership in my youth group
Our youth group the past year was beautiful and we had amazing leadership, however we struggled a bit getting the younger girls and guys involved in the youth group community. Since I am stepping up as one of the main student leaders in youth group, I want to brainstorm with the other older girls on how we can make this year successful and involve all of the girls.
6. Finish my last summer reading book
This actually has to be done in two weeks, so I have to make sure it gets done.
What goals do you have as the summer comes to a close?

Lauren, these are wonderful goals, it'salways nice to get closer to God. I can't believe that's it's August already! I know I say this about every month but really, woah!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on getting your license! I get mine on the 25th. I'm so excited!
ReplyDeleteGreat goals! I love these posts!
Those are great! I'm so glad that the Lord has been working in you. I hope that you can check some of these goals off next month.
ReplyDeleteHave a great rest of your summer and remember to keep working and being who you are because you are making a difference, especially in my life! :)
Allie D.
www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
www.sevenbloggersandtheirdolls.blogspot.com
www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com
WOO HOO!! Sounds like you've been making some excellent progress on your goals this summer, Lauren! <3
ReplyDeletelooks great :) best of luck with all the August goals!
ReplyDeleteThese are awesome, Lauren! Congrats on getting your license!
ReplyDeleteNice work on your July goals Lauren! Helping to lead your youth group sounds like tons of fun! Good luck, YOU GOT THIS!
ReplyDelete-Em
destinationblissblog.blogspot.ca