July 4, 2016

Making July Happen

This month, I completed a lot of things that I would consider milestones in my life. I didn't finish as many of my little goals that I wanted to that are always featured in my monthly post, but with that said, I am still very happy with everything that occurred in June!
June Goals
1. Finish one summer reading book
I ordered both of my summer reading books and I got 10/14 chapters read of my first book, and I am very happy with the progress I made. Could I have finished it? Sure. But wonderful progress was made and it is an incredibly long book.
2. Get a job!!
Done done done! I'm relieved to say that I got my first job at a daycare.
3. Focus my energy on Christ and not idolizing friendships
It's hard to measure this but just recently with one of my friends leaving for the year, it brought me more to the reality that I need to focus on Christ (not really sure why someone leaving does this to you, but it does). I really asked God to help me focus on HIM and not dwell so much on my friends. I think that I would say that I am making progress in this area, but I wouldn't say that I am to the point where I don't struggle with it at all.
4. Create a post for Argonaut Nation
This just didn't happen. This month I had no motivation and just no inspiration for writing as much as I usually do. Therefore, I sorta needed a break and I think anything that I did try to write would not have been coming from the heart.
5. Finish one of my summer goals
I can't say any of these summer goals were completed this month, but that is okay because I still made a ton of memories and will continue to make them this month as well.

But the most exciting thing that happened this month was: I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!
I wasn't sure if I was going to take my test in June or July, so I guess that's why I didn't put it in my list of goals. But boy, I consider this a huge goal completed. I'm not old enough in the state I live to get my license yet, so that's the only reason I don't officially have it yet. But when I turn old enough, I can go get it!


July Goals
1. Go in and get my license
Sounds simple enough, but I need to look up all of the different papers and stuff that I'm required to bring in. And I tell you, the place we get our license in the state I live is just out to get you in anyway possible.

2. Finish reading my summer reading book and read half of the second one
This second book I'm reading for the summer is LONGGGG. That's why I'm giving myself grace to only complete half of it by the end of this month.

3. Finish one of my summer goals
I'm going to make sure by the end of this month that I either 1) go to a drive in movie, 2) go eat late somewhere or 3) send a youtuber mail.

4. Finish creating the senior video
The responsibility of this video shifted to someone else and then it eventually was given back to me, so I really need to get this done this month.

5. Use less sarcasm
Yesterday at my church we went through James 3, and it really convicted me of the amount of sarcasm I use. A little bit isn't bad, but it usually reflects something serious covered up by humor. I want all of my words to be honoring to God, and I want to clearly make sure I work to use less sarcasm so there are less opportunities to hurt others with my words.



What is the most fun thing you have done this summer so far?
 

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh, you're so lucky to pass your driving exam! I'm not eligible to test for it until September. The most exciting thing that's happening this summer that coincides with my summer goals (go to youth group more often) is helping out my church, who will be hosting sixty teens from Illinois since they're stopping by in town before they head on out to their mission's trip. I'm super excited!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September will come before you know it!
      That is really cool that you get to host those teens! Have fun with it :0)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your driving test!! Its soooo stressful isn't it? I passed mine, but barely cause of parallel parking! The teacher was just so picky...the car had to be perfectly straight! :p
    Great goals! I love these posts! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty stressful beforehand and I was nervous during it, but near the middle of the test I realized that there was nothing I needed to be afraid of.
      I didn't have a super picky teacher so that was nice, but I was really scared beforehand about how my teacher would be XD

      Delete
  3. Congrats and passing your drivers test and getting a job! Awesome post!

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, DMV's are literally the WORST. They overcomplicate everything.

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥