August 25, 2016

love a lil more

what if we all decided to love a little more? regardless of what we will get in return?
Often times we try to make Christian community into heaven and we end up getting hurt because we don't seem to get what we need from a broken, earthly community.
When we give love and we seek community with Christ as the center, he will nourish us in our pursuit of community. Community cannot fill the hole of love and acceptance that only Christ can fill and community will hurt, but it is worth it.
There have been some incidents where new girls would start attending our church and my heart was not open to loving new people. I felt comfortable and happy with the girls I already had in my sphere. However, Jesus opened my eyes to the amazing friendships that were possible when I opened my heart to these girls and was willing to be vulnerable and grow closer to them. They have made me a better person and have taught me many valuable lessons about different things.


Not every girl is going to become your best friend, but if you have the common bond of Christ, you already have something mighty awesome in common. I have a girl who started attending our youth group about a year or so ago and yes we are friends, but our personalities are so different so we will never be close. Yet I am still called to give her the same amount of love as I give someone who I deeply desire to be around and love. So keep your heart open for the people that God wants you to open you heart to.

A little bit of love changes everything.

4 comments:

  1. Love definitely changes everything <3 Working on that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. We all should love more. Thank you for this post

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥