August 31, 2016

to the friend who gives me grace

Her name lines up perfectly with what she gives freely to me, even when I have been an absolute piece of junk when it comes to being a good friend.

Grace. 

Wow. There's not enough words in my vocabulary to thank you for always sticking by me even when I haven't always been there for you. You've put up with the ugliness of my sinful nature: my pride, my selfishness and my shortcomings. Thank you for loving me through the midst of it.

You and I have been through similar situations and have had similar battles. I think that only you and I, and people who have struggled with the same issue understand how amazing it is to find someone who gets what you're struggling with. 

I have so much fun with you and I am realizing that you are one of the only people I can truly laugh with about the dumbest things that only we get. I think we were born to be soul-best friends. I'm praying that nothing, not even college and grown-up life will ever separate us.

I think you are my closest friend because you get me better than I know myself.
You know my tendencies. You know when I'm going to act a certain way around a boy, or that I will most likely react to a situation in ___ this way, so you give me advice in response to it. 
I think because we have had our clashes before, it makes our friendship inseparable and stronger than any other friendship I have. 


You know I think one of my favorite things about you is that we can laugh, but we can also have some of the deepest conversations known to human existence. One moment we might be laughing about Aaron playing the triangle and the next minute we might be talking about being accountability partners and why people make the choices they do. 

It must be the fact that we weren't meant to be just friends. We are truly somehow, in a strange way, knit together at the heart, because at the end of the day, we are immaculately family. Not just sisters in Christ, but family. 

Thank you for sticking by me all the times where I was blind to the idolization of friendships in my life that I forsook the time and energy I should've been investing in our friendship. Tears come to my eyes as I think about how blind I was and how BLESSED I am to have a friend that was willing to confront me and tell me about my sin. And to give me grace in the midst of it.
Thank you for waiting patiently until I realized my sin and thank you for still willing to be the person who actually genuinely gets me the most here on earth. 
And from the bottom of my heart I truly do mean this: I think you are getting more and more beautiful every single day, inside and out. 

Thank you for being a living reflection to me of what Jesus Christ looks like. 

9 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! True friends are such a gift!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW this is so wonderful. Good friends are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tagged you ;) Mic's Room (http://lovelypinkduckshome.blogspot.com/)
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me so happy. Friends are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know this. i know this deep down. loved this post, Lauren! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. my bestie's name is Grace so that just makes me laugh as well.

      Delete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥