This quote comes from a well-known movie, Cinderella. Even
though it lacks spirituality, I still love it for a couple of reasons.
The other day, I was leaving school and I was about to go to
work. In front of me were two girls who walk to work and even though it’s not a
horrible walk, the winds were extremely harsh and it was freezing. I had seen
one of the girls the other time I would go into work walking along the road,
but I didn’t stop because it wasn’t a convenient place to stop and pick her up
without messing with the flow of traffic and without seeming creepy.
You have to understand this about my work schedule, I don’t
find out if I work until about noon during the day. If I knew that I worked a
set schedule, I would for sure drive these two girls every day.
But the other day, when I saw these two girls in front of
me, I asked if they wanted a ride to work. Yes, my car had a ton of coats in it
from the ones my sister and I left in it from the weekend. Yes, I was kinda
afraid of awkwardness between me and my co-workers since I don’t know them that
well. But before I could think of the what
if’s, the words were out of my mouth and they were in my car.
I am thankful that I was willing to just take an act of what
I knew the right thing was to do; allowing myself to just ignore the long list
of things that could go wrong.
Be kind.
It’s not easy to get
up every day and face what is in front of you. It takes courage to stand up for
what is right when everyone around you doesn’t. It’s hard to have courage to
get through a 8 hour school day, 3 hours of work afterwards and who knows how
many hours of homework after all of it.
Sometimes it’s hard
to have courage to face the day.
But I’ve learned that
I have a huge blessing in being able to live for Christ daily and I can wake up
and think that I can:
Have courage.
After I was done with
work and heading home, traffic was jam packed and it wasn’t moving very fast. I
had already gotten out of work late and I just wanted to get home so I could
eat and do homework, and try to get some sleep. It’s also hard in this one
intersection for one to turn out of the middle school that is near where I
work. I took the moment to just let the lady who was waiting to turn, who if I
hadn’t let her through probably would have had to wait a while longer, go in
front of me.
It felt good to just
make this tiny step of kindness.
My friends, don't get so caught up in your schedules that you forget to have courage, and be kind.

Love this<3 So true
ReplyDeleteThank you for reading!
DeleteAmazing post, Lauren!! <3 You have helped me so much.
ReplyDeleteSophie
Thanks so much Sophie!
DeleteThis is such an encouraging reminder!! <3
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I could be an encouragement to you!
DeleteHave courage and be kind is an important reminder. Beauty and the Beast may be my favorite fairy tale / movie / musical, but Cinderella also holds a special place in my heart because of that powerful message it carries.
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
To be honest I don't think I've watched the entire Cinderella movie but I need to get around to it. The phrase "have courage and be kind" has always stood out to me
Deletethank you for the beautiful reminder. I know for me its hard to remember to just keep my eyes open for ways to love other people. its hard because Im always so focused on myself. I hope today I'll be able to see less of myself and more of others. I want to be kind and courageous. thank you<3
ReplyDeleteI think that is why it's so hard, because we are so afraid how it's going to affect us!
DeleteThank you for reading and commenting Faith, I so appreciate it!
This is so true. Such a beautiful piece from such a beautiful heart <3
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU so much! You're the best <3
Deletewhat an awesome story <3 so inspiring. xx Nina
ReplyDeletethis is so beautiful and inspirational <3 I love real-life incidents like this that show how important a little kindness is.
ReplyDelete"Have courage and be kind" are simple but important words. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletehttps://tizziestidbits.wordpress.com