January 29, 2017

Exactly Our President

Don't worry, this isn't a political post about how I feel about Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton in anyway. This is purely my thoughts about why I'm not surprised that either of these candidates were running for President of the United States. 
 Because somehow, when voting for a President, morals suddenly matter again. 
Because of the 2016 election, morals suddenly mean everything in the world. 
Donald Trump is immoral, people say.
And so is pop queen BeyoncĂ©. Her lyrics say so many crude things and inappropriate comments. Look them up at your own risk.  
When Fifty Shades of Grey came out in the United States, it grossed 100 million dollars after a week of being in the theaters. 
50 million people subscribe to PewDiePie who continually jokes about inappropriate subjects that Donald Trump calls locker room talk. PewDiePie is notorious for swearing. 
We live in a generation that has normalized pornography. TV shows have hundreds of references to it. Many teenagers believe that not recycling is worse than pornography. 

Morality is only relative and it only applies every four years to the political party that you oppose and their candidate. The candidates that are running from president come from the same vulgar, sex-obsessed society that we live in. The fact that the people that ran for office were dishonest, crude, vulgar and everything in between doesn't surprise me, because they reflect how this country is.


Why would it be shocking that the person that becomes President of the United States resembles all of the things we find in today's society?

Let me know what you think.   

10 comments:

  1. Can I just say AMEN to this entire post? You are spot on and basically just wrapped all my thoughts together into one post. Our culture has normalized and praised so many evil things in this world and only points out the immoral things when it pleases them. This election has been so rough and separated so many people, it's truly very sad.

    Elizabeth
    http://whimsicalthoughtss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! We're definitely getting closer to the second coming because wrong is becoming more and more right in society's eyes.

      Delete
  2. This is so true. I have nothing else to say cause you just nailed everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so weird and interesting to see what is happening in the US from New Zealand. I totally agree with with what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS. Thank you so much- this tie in to pop culture hits the nail on the head. I'm sharing this post on Facebook, if that's ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I'm honored you would want to share it :)

      Delete
  5. Yes!! This is true! *high five* You brought so many things into the light that I didn't even think about before, but you're absolutely right about it all. Thanks for this great post!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect, wow. You totally hit the nail on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, guess I hadn't thought of that, but it makes perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree! I don't think a righteous man would be able to get into office anymore. This nation is too corrupt. But it is a comfort to know that the Lord can even use ungodly people to work His will.

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥