February 18, 2015

Paradise

Please check out my new button :) If you have my button on your blog and if you ever have the chance to change it, it would be most appreciated! 
It was a beautiful summer day, but it wasn't ordinary, that's for sure.
The southern wind blew through my hair, and I had never felt more carefree in my entire life.
Livy, her hair tucked back in a braid, was looking as beautiful as usual in the Hawaiian sunlight.
Freedom. 
Being in Hawaii with Jett, his sister Livy, and Cameron was a dream come true for me. Ever since I was in middle school, my goal was to go to Hawaii with my best friends, whoever they would be at the moment. At last, it was happening. Stepping off of an airplane into extreme paradise was breathtaking.
Summer. 
"Lauren!" Livy shrieked. "They have leis over here! We should totally buy some!" She walked over to a stand where a short Hawaiian native was selling leis to tourists.
Shivers went up my spine, as I remembered back to a book I had read in middle school where the girl reached Hawaii and was surprised by her best friend being there, and offering her a lei.
Sun-kissed faces. 
 Looking up into the bright blue sky, I was quickly distracted by the view and watching the natives try to sell items to the tourists.
Before I realized it, Jett was putting a lei around my neck, and my heart screamed from the depths with uttermost joy.
Refreshing. 
"Welcome to Hawaii Lalena!" He put his arm around my shoulder, and Cameron came up on the other side. I grinned, and tried to contain my tears of happiness. 
Livy grabbed my hand, and we ran as fast as we could, giddy with happiness, to try and catch a taxi. As the sun set in the north, I could never have been more happy. 
Can't Wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spring Break is still about 7 weeks away...and I can hardly wait for summer. Do you guys have any exciting plans for this summer? I'm super excited because my best friend and I are planning to catch up on a bunch of movies this summer, and I'm beyond thrilled because we don't get to hang out much during the school year. I'm going south to see my second cousin, who I haven't seen in forever, and will hopefully be able to actually experience the beach. THE BEACH YOU GUYS. I've been to the beach like twice in my entire life. Swimming...biking...ice cream...4th of July...getting tan...small mission trip with my youth group....camping... these are just a few of the things I'm looking forward to this summer, even if Hawaii with my best friends is unattainable! 

10 comments:

  1. That all sounds so awesome! I'm totally excited for summer...it's one of my favorite seasons. :-D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawaii! Summer! I am so ready for summer! Except my only problem is that I will be away for three weeks in a place that has very limited wifi access. XD

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayy! I relate to you so much on the summer thing. i love summer, and even though i barely ever go away for vacation, spending memories with friends is the best thing ever. soooo excited for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beach! But I'm also a snow bunny ;)
    ~Racic | Washed by the Water

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the beach its so pretty and relaxing am I right ? Also I added your new button !

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm jealous now! That sounds wonderful! Our choir is going to Carnagie Hall in New York next spring! I am like totally excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I LOVE going to the beach!! I'll put your button on my blog soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so funny! We're currently in the last weeks of summer. It's almost over where we are and everyone else in the world seems to be talking about looking forward to the heat! It's so strange being on the other side of the world to most people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! This is so cool. Summer is like constant and always here for us in Asia, so it's interesting to hear how excited you are about summer! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer! BTW I nominated you for the best blogging buddies award! http://arebel4everafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥