Back in January I talked about some of the lessons that I've learned through friendships/specific people in my life, and the ways that God has used those friendships in my life.
Today I wanted to talk about how important friendships are, and how God created other people for us to interact with because we aren't called to live this life alone!
When you think of life, friendships are some of the biggest things that make up who we are.Without other people...life would be pretty boring.
There's so many people that we can chose to be friends with, and there's just certain people we bond with easier than others.
Here are the reasons why it is so important to have good, solid friendships. A lot of middle school friendships aren't solid because of the drama and annoying stuff like that which occurs no matter what type of school you go to.
I promise that if you are in middle school, it'll get so much better. In high school, generally people realize that drama is a complete waste of time, and friendships will become more solid.
This is a verse from Proverbs 18 that talks about how having a few super close friends is more important than having a ton of friends that you may or may not be able to rely on.
"A man of too many friends comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
Friendships however are so important. In the garden of Eden, the Lord said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make a helper fit for him."
Going about our Christian walk alone would not be healthy, nor did God create us to do it alone.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 says, "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up."
I'm so thankful for the friendships that God has put into my life. It hasn't always been that way though, and there was a period of time before I started public school where I never thought that I would have a best friend. I would always get jealous when people from public school would talk about how they had "my best friend Susie."
Once I entered middle school, I made three best friends. Two of them I grew apart from by the beginning of high school, and the other one I hardly see anymore because she doesn't go to the same school anymore.
I think God used those friendships as a lesson (I guess that could've gone in the other post;) that the people I call my best friends should be people that will encourage me to be the best person I can be.
Don't "settle" for the first people who will "promise" to be your best friend. God has a plan for the friends he has in your life, and so don't settle for the first fleeting friends. It is really important to be seeking and valuing the friendships that God wants you to have. Sometimes prayer is the only way we can know that, and most of the time we never understand what God is going to do with the friendships that come and go in our lives.
God answered my unsaid prayer and gave me two best friends that I have grown closer to this past year, and who hold me accountable and encourage me to seek the Lord.
However in the times of life when I feel alone, I'm been remembered of the fact that Christ is the friend that will never leave us and is always constant.
John 15 says, "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I have learned from my Father I have made known to you."
Tell me about your best friend or the strongest friendships that you have always known you could rely on, or why you think that friendships are so important!

Lovely post, dear.
ReplyDeleteI love the content of your writings. <3
I seriously loved this post, Lauren <3
ReplyDeleteI didn't really have any best friends in my life, until recently, I've met this girl at my school. I wouldn't say we're exactly best friends, but, well, we're good friends for now. Blogging has been a great way for me to find new people, and make friends from across the world.
Friendships are definitely important. For me, I really rely on God. Every single day. And even if I would have lots of friends, I pray I still would want to.. Friendship is talked about in the Bible... therefore it is important =)
Awesome post!
ReplyDeleteI don't have a lot of friends because I can't get out much :( and the friends I have that I can't see much haven't talked to me in a while. I'm glad I have friends through blogging! <3.
But God is and should be our best friend.
Friendships do teach a lot. I have three best friends, but because I chose a more writing filled high school path (it's like an independent studies writing mini school thing I do) than military academy, the medical school, or the regular high school body--one of the three are each spreading out to one of these-- it's hard to keep in touch. Sometimes my guy friends, which are two of the three, act like they don't know me or don't care, but I honestly know that's really not how they act. When I see them, however, they end up waving and saying hi. And my third friend I still see on an everyday basis, but only during lunch. I still love them so much, though.
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
Yeah, guys want to look "cool" in front of their friend's. I grew up with guys, so I kind of know how they act like and such. And yes, I guess we really don't know that we miss and truly love someone until they're not in our everyday lives anymore.
Deletexoxo Morning
Wonderful post, Lauren!
ReplyDeleteFriendship is such an important thing. Back when I was oh, in late elementary/early middle school, I kid you not, I had ONE friend. And I saw her once a week. That was always really hard because people generally just didn't like me. I really didn't know why, I still don't. But when I entered seventh grade at a new co op, all that changed. I made a great group of friends that I'm still EXTREMELY close to, and I made three best friends in particular. I'm still friends with all three, even though one girl I only see once or twice a year. That's hard, but she's still my best friend. :) So yeah, long rambling short, friendships are such an incredible thing to have. :)
Xoxo,
Grace Anne
http://totallygraced.blogspot.com
Amazing post, Lauren! Friendships are very important! My best friend and I are extremely close although we have never met in person. It is actually extraordinary that we know everything about each other, but have never met face to face:) I feel like I can trust her with everything. We have also had several discussions about God and religion. Its awesome to have a "prayer partner" in a sense. A person that I can go to for encouragement. We strengthen each other which I think is very important in a friendship. Wonderful post again, Lauren!
ReplyDeleteHi Lauren,
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and love it!!! I hope you will check out my blog and follow it by email! :)
I have a very good friend, Anna (annar0binson.blogspot.com) who I met by blogging, and I am so thankful the Lord brought us together. She is such a sweet and godly friend, and I am so thankful God has answered my prayer. :)
God bless you Lauren!
You can also leave a comment on my blog, too! I would love it! :)
Love in Christ,
Ashley
creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
Wonderful post, Lauren. <3
ReplyDeleteI'm a floater at lunch. I'm friends with everyone and can make myself "fit in" with any of the clicks for a lunch period. I do have some very good friends, but not someone I could call my "best friend". As I get older, I know those best friend will come. :) God continually puts amazing people in my life and I've been able to use my "floaterness" to get to know the loners. :)
And thanks for the comment on my post-
When my grandma died, I got a LOT of texts and messages. Literally, at least 20 of those messages had Romans 8:28 and Jeremiah 29:11. In all honesty, it was felt belittling to me as I had just hit rock bottom. I had just lost someone I was very close to, and you have the audacity to tell me to be happy because God had her die for a reason and He will use this situation for good? That's how I felt in my train wreck-ness. I know nobody meant it like that, and I still appreciate it more than they will ever know. The most comforting thing was from my good friend. Here's the gist of what she said: Jesus acknowledged that death and losing someone you love SUCKS. He cried when Lazarus died.
Romans 8:28 is often is so so misinterpreted. I memorized Romans 8 this summer, and I love that passage. Especially verses 26-27. We love to isolate verses to make them fit our feel-good agendas, and Romans 8:28 is a prime example. It's a beautiful verse and it is comforting, but we just can't read it like it is often read.
Hope you have an awesome week, Lauren! <3
Wow! This was a post filled with truth! I have been blessed to have a small circle of a few very close friends whom I known for a long time, and they have been such a joy (and a pain sometimes haha) to have in my life. xxx.
ReplyDeleteLovely post <3 So many times we fall into the trap of being friends forever - even though we know it most likely wont happen.... I have come to the realization this year that God is my only true "friend forever". <3 Beautiful post! And such an encouragement! Thanks :)
ReplyDeletexo,
megann
p.s: you have an new follower... i can't wait to get to know you through your blog! ;)
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, Lauren!!! I do hope you will follow it by email! :)
ReplyDeleteLove in Christ,
Ashley
creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
Great post, Lauren! I am so glad that so many people can hear your testimony. I was there for you in that time period, but our relationship is so much stronger now. Especially with Christ in the middle. Love you!
ReplyDeleteWhen I first met one of my best friends, I didn't think we could get close because we were so different. But since then, both of our best friends have moved and we have become inseparable. Even when my friends have moved away or have grown apart, God has always brought new people into my life. I adore every one of your posts!
ReplyDelete