♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
First of all, Happy Valentines' Day to all of you lovely readers out there! I love all of you guys who take time out of your busy schedules to read my blog!
First of all, Happy Valentines' Day to all of you lovely readers out there! I love all of you guys who take time out of your busy schedules to read my blog!
It's so easy for us to forget what Valentine's Day is all about because of the way that society has morphed it into "if you don't have a significant other you should feel sorry for yourself" holiday.
At Valentine's Day, I think we tend to focus on ourselves so much more than loving other people. Of course, we are human beings. We need love, but God has given us all of the love that we truly need. Sometimes we don't feel loved by the humans in our lives, and I really do think that God created us to feel love from other people, but sometimes we use that as an excuse to feel bad for ourselves. Even in the darkest moments in our lives, when we feel like nobody understands us or loves us, we can be reminded that God is the only source of love that we can rely on all the time. Our creator was so loving that he sent his only son to be the Savior of the world.
This is a phrase that is way overused, but if we truly take a minute to think about it, we can't even comprehend how much love the Father has lavished on us. It makes me excited that God can never be fully discovered, so that means there is always more to find out about. His love his never ending, never failing, and He sought us out when we were not seeking for His face.
God is love, and since we are to be a reflection of him, why don't we focus on expressing love to everyone we love, not just a significant other? Sometimes we have the mindset that we can only celebrate this holiday if there is someone special in our lives.
At Valentine's Day, I think we tend to focus on ourselves so much more than loving other people. Of course, we are human beings. We need love, but God has given us all of the love that we truly need. Sometimes we don't feel loved by the humans in our lives, and I really do think that God created us to feel love from other people, but sometimes we use that as an excuse to feel bad for ourselves. Even in the darkest moments in our lives, when we feel like nobody understands us or loves us, we can be reminded that God is the only source of love that we can rely on all the time. Our creator was so loving that he sent his only son to be the Savior of the world.
This is a phrase that is way overused, but if we truly take a minute to think about it, we can't even comprehend how much love the Father has lavished on us. It makes me excited that God can never be fully discovered, so that means there is always more to find out about. His love his never ending, never failing, and He sought us out when we were not seeking for His face.
God is love, and since we are to be a reflection of him, why don't we focus on expressing love to everyone we love, not just a significant other? Sometimes we have the mindset that we can only celebrate this holiday if there is someone special in our lives.
I think we easily forget that the whole reason we celebrate this holiday is to love other people, and to remember the one who loved us the most.
The agape love that Christ gives us is more than anything we could ever imagine, because we can never fully comprehend it.
1 Corinthians 13 does give us a picture of how we should be loving others, which in turn will be a reflection of the love that Christ has given us.
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. (It's selfless!) It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. (This is really hard for humankind to do, we don't like to leave past hurts behind, even though we know that God wipes away all of the sins we ever did) Love never gives up (even when it's hard!), never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance (because we all know life isn't easy).
Love isn't easy, and I think I've learned this as I've matured. The picture of love to me when I was maybe in 4th grade, is completely different than it is now.
Love isn't easy, but it's worth it.
What are you doing this weekend to love other people around you, and to remind yourself of the love that Christ has given to you?
Romans 5:5 says, "And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."-Romans 5:5
This weekend I am going to spend time with some of my friends and family, and study some passages to discover some more about God's love for me!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
1 Corinthians 13 does give us a picture of how we should be loving others, which in turn will be a reflection of the love that Christ has given us.
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. (It's selfless!) It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. (This is really hard for humankind to do, we don't like to leave past hurts behind, even though we know that God wipes away all of the sins we ever did) Love never gives up (even when it's hard!), never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance (because we all know life isn't easy).
Love isn't easy, and I think I've learned this as I've matured. The picture of love to me when I was maybe in 4th grade, is completely different than it is now.
Love isn't easy, but it's worth it.
What are you doing this weekend to love other people around you, and to remind yourself of the love that Christ has given to you?
Romans 5:5 says, "And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."-Romans 5:5
This weekend I am going to spend time with some of my friends and family, and study some passages to discover some more about God's love for me!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Wonderful post, Lauren!
ReplyDeleteLovely post, dear!
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentines Day!
Beautiful post! These weekend, I'm just going to show my appreciation for all of the people in my life. :D Happy Valentine's Day!
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
I just read this post and I'm speechless.
ReplyDeleteThis is just beautiful and so reassuring so thank you. God is made up of love and he is the one we can always rely on and always call for. I know how you feel about Valentine's Day being morphed into what it is today.
Thanks again for sharing,
Claire x
I love this post! It's so true love the way you said things!
ReplyDeleteVanessa
simplyperfectme.blogspot.com
God is amazing and he amazes me everyday.
ReplyDelete~Racic | Washed by the Water