Before I begin: this is my 100th post! Thank YOU for how far I have come in the past year, reaching 36 followers. I am so grateful for all of your follows and comments, and it is what spurs me to continue this blogging adventure. If you're reading this, you are so wonderful, so thank you so much for reading my blog! I never thought I would get to the place where I am today!
Nevertheless, let's get on to a more serious topic.
Another occurrence of death in our distant family has caused me once again to remember how truly short life is, and how much we either can impact other people during our life times, or we can let it just waste away. I may not have been close to this family member, but seeing my grandma and other relatives go through it is extremely difficult.
We must live our lives to the absolute fullest and spend our time that God has given us wisely.
I hope you enjoy this piece of writing, and remember that life is such a wonderful gift from God. We must live like there's no tomorrow and be sure that the people we love know that they are indeed loved.
Think of this as a sequel to the writing over on Jordan's blog that I posted back in December.
//
Strumming his guitar, Aaron looked into the sunset on the top of Mount Tiki. Makayla's hair laid across her back, damp from the swim that they had gone on earlier that evening. Covering her blue shirt, she wore a flower that symbolized her love of friendships.
"Look at how far we have come," Aaron murmured, brushing Makayla's hair from her shoulder, and looked into her deep, brown eyes. His beach blond hair was started to dry in the hot Florida sun.
Makayla nodded. "Remember that afternoon, when the world seemed to be crashing down? That was the day that I had found out that Grammy had passed away. I didn't want to say goodbye, and you--you said something that changed my whole perspective. Instead of saying my last goodbyes, I thought of it as saying, 'See you in a little while'."
Aaron smiled. "Saying see you in a little while still is never easy," he started to play a chord on this guitar as tears glistened in his eyes. "When Brady passed away, I clung to the promise that I would see him again, but it didn't completely take away the pain." Makayla grabbed his hand as tears rolled down his cheeks.
Strumming once again on his guitar, he started to play a song.
"It's love that hung the moon and stars for you above, And stays awake to start the morning, If you feel like you've had enough, He's never given up, It's love."
Makayla smiled. "I love that song because it reminds me over and over again that even in the hardest times of my life, God is all I need. He dictates when our lives begin, and when they end. It's been hard to live without Grandma, but I find so much joy in knowing that God has promised he will always be there." Makayla reached up and wiped a tear that was trickling down her face. Both of them smiled in unision and turned to watch the sunset.
Aaron sighed as he packed away his guitar, and started heading back towards ground level a few moments later as the sun was barely visible. "Life is such a beautiful thing, isn't it?"
Makayla nodded in agreement, and they headed back down the mountain, together.
"Look at how far we have come," Aaron murmured, brushing Makayla's hair from her shoulder, and looked into her deep, brown eyes. His beach blond hair was started to dry in the hot Florida sun.
Makayla nodded. "Remember that afternoon, when the world seemed to be crashing down? That was the day that I had found out that Grammy had passed away. I didn't want to say goodbye, and you--you said something that changed my whole perspective. Instead of saying my last goodbyes, I thought of it as saying, 'See you in a little while'."
Aaron smiled. "Saying see you in a little while still is never easy," he started to play a chord on this guitar as tears glistened in his eyes. "When Brady passed away, I clung to the promise that I would see him again, but it didn't completely take away the pain." Makayla grabbed his hand as tears rolled down his cheeks.
Strumming once again on his guitar, he started to play a song.
"It's love that hung the moon and stars for you above, And stays awake to start the morning, If you feel like you've had enough, He's never given up, It's love."
Makayla smiled. "I love that song because it reminds me over and over again that even in the hardest times of my life, God is all I need. He dictates when our lives begin, and when they end. It's been hard to live without Grandma, but I find so much joy in knowing that God has promised he will always be there." Makayla reached up and wiped a tear that was trickling down her face. Both of them smiled in unision and turned to watch the sunset.
Aaron sighed as he packed away his guitar, and started heading back towards ground level a few moments later as the sun was barely visible. "Life is such a beautiful thing, isn't it?"
Makayla nodded in agreement, and they headed back down the mountain, together.

This is so sweet, Lauren! Im very sorry about your loss. I'll be praying for you:) this is a wonderful story, completely true and beautiful. Keep writing!!:)
ReplyDeletePraying for you, Lauren! Beautiful story!!! <3
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. I love this so, so much. It's like light rainfall on a hot, summer day; beautiful and much needed. <3
ReplyDeleteI'm keeping you in my prayers ;) This was beautiful <3
ReplyDeleteOh, sunlight. It's so lovely, isn't it? I'll be keeping you in my prayers; I'm sorry about the loss, girl. :(
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
THE FEELS!
ReplyDelete