Summer can become a waste of lots of time that we could be using to be quite productive. Today I'm going to list a few things that could be done over the summer, and it's my goal to reach each of them at least once. I know it's pretty early to be planning some goals for the summer, but summer will be here before we know it!
1) Study a book from the Bible, or do a Bible study with someone else
Taking extra time to study for yourself the things from God's word is very important, and you will have extra time that before you may have been using to study your government notes. Also taking time to study with someone else can help you discover things you may not have seen before, and they may have a different view you had never thought of on a specific passage. Studying God's word more this summer with all this extra time is definitely number one on my list.
2) Invest your time into a younger girl
I've had one girl in particular who realized how much she was impacted by the older girls in her life that she decided to do the same for me. I am extremely grateful for her and I am thrilled to call her one of my best friends because of the way she has been a mentor and friend to be there and understand how I feel. Therefore, I want to do the same to two younger girls at my youth group, and do things with them this summer.
3) Offer to watch a young mom's kids
It doesn't sound like the most fun thing to do this summer, but I think after having your kids for an entire day instead of just after school, young mom's may get tired really easy. Maybe just take one afternoon of your time to help serve her by offering to entertain her kids while she does some work around the house.
4) Get to know a friend better and make it your goal to spend more time with them
Pick one or two or even three specific friends that you want to spend the majority of your "friend" time with this summer. Especially if you don't have much time to hang out with them during the school year, this would be a great opportunity to spend more time getting to know the people you love the most, or even some of your newer friends that you want to get to know better.
5) Ride your bike to the closest Starbucks, ice cream place or to your friends house
It's really fun to ride your bike with a destination at the end. Even thought we think of summer as a time where we are mainly outside getting exercise, sometimes we are lazy. This can be a great way to get yourself up and doing something fun at the same time.
What are some goals that you have for this upcoming summer?

These all sound great :) I've helped out a couple moms before, and it's so nice to uplift someone. I love the new design, by the way =)
ReplyDeleteMmm, I love the mentoring a younger girl one. That should definitely be one of my goals this summer.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, a lot of my goals this summer will simply involve having fun and enjoying the moment. I have friends leaving for college in the fall and I don't want to wish away my days with them. I want to spend as much time making lasting memories as possible. So, without further ado, here are my goals:
1.) Go camping with my group of Forever Friends. One has a camper and luckily we live by the state park ;)
2.) Get in better shape. I want to be able to run the Harvest Hammer in 25 minutes next fall :)
3.) Grow to the point where my heart finds satisfaction in Christ and in Christ alone (not in people or success).
4.) Stargaze with those important to me while talking about our King.
5.) Live in joy.
Molly Marie
mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com
Your summer goals are very impressive. Some of the things I want to do are hang out with my friends that I haven't seen in almost a year (the planning for this reunion is hectic; half of the people want to go to the animal shelter and pet kittens while the other half wants to LARP as various Pokemon characters) and go out and actually detach myself from the town I live in, which is actually a city, but a really small one. ^.^ And ah, being a mentor for younger girls. It's been awhile since I've done something like that of the sort, but it is worth it. Love the new design, by the way! ^.^
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
These are so wonderful! I suppose my summer goals include learning to trust in the Father with my whole heart, and writing simply because I love it!
ReplyDeletep.s. your new design is glorious.
xoxo
I love your goals, Lauren! You are so mature and obviously growing in your walk with God every day! You encourage me:)
ReplyDeleteHey! I nominated you!!!!
ReplyDeleteGo check my blog for more info!!!!
These sound like amazing morally good goals to aim for this summer. Good on you! I hope you get it all done. Riding to a friend's house sounds like a really good idea... but I probably won't ever do that. Haha.
ReplyDelete-M
The Life of Little Me
Hi Lauren!
ReplyDeleteThank you so (so, so so) much for the sweat (aka amazing) comments you left on my blog! It means a lot to me! :)
I love what you are doing here at your blog! A lot of the topics you write posts about I can really relate to.
I think it is great to set goals for the summer. I know, for one, that the friendships I have had with the girls who are quite a few years older have been really meaningful, so I think mentoring younger girls is something that is super important.
Also, I love your new blog design! I just redesigned my blog too (hopefully I'll keep it this way this time)
Have an AWESOME week! :)
-Caroline
carabelleadreamer.blogspot.com
Thanks so, so much for sharing! I will definitely come back to this at later dates and this summer!
ReplyDeleteGod bless,
Mary Shelley
thereidwhowrites.blogspot.com
I love this! these are all such honorable goals to have. thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete-sofia, stars unseen