April 23, 2015

Another Year of Life {Reflection}

Just as I did back last year around my birthday, I want to do a reflection on how God has grown me over the past year!
All of the events in my life that have grown me since April 23rd of last year mean so much today and I want to share those with you today in celebration of my birthday. It's exciting to see how much God has been working in my life!

1. Missions Trip
Being able to go on a trip and help out with a Church plant in Utah was an amazing experience. God grew me through this experience: spent time with our youth assistant/his wife before they moved out there, got to know the other people from the youth group better and were able to really help out and see the need for Church plants out there. Amazing experience!
2. Growing closer to Lily and making new friends
Lily has become one of my best friends, and she is definitely a blessing from the Lord. We both know that one another is an answer of prayer! Making new friends at youth group with some of the new kids and also making new friends from school was such a wonderful thing that has happened this past year.
3. Transitioning to different year of school
This experience grew me on an extreme level. I have learned to make wise decisions with who my new friends have been, learning to balance more schoolwork, and knowing that no matter what goes on around me, Christ is always there. This has grown me closer to my Lord, because I've realized that He is the only thing that can truly satisfy. 
4. Learning that friendships can become idols
Some nights of crying on my bedside from frustration/sadness because these friendships I wanted weren't coming to fruition caused me to realize that they were becoming idols. You can learn more about this experience here.  As you've read many posts about, God has taught me a lot about guys this past year as well, and He continues to take feelings/desires away so that I can focus on Him, which is what is most important to me right now in this stage of life!
5. Attending True Woman and continued spiritual growth
God has definitely grow me closer to Himself, and the way He has shown Himself real through the experiences I have had. Going to the True Woman conference encouraged me to continue to become the daughter of the king that I am called to be! Spending time with some of the closest Christians in my life was also so encouraging to my faith, and that I need to be a light for Christ. 

Those are just a few of the many ways God has grown me this year! I hope he continues to grow me closer to Himself this coming year!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how God works in our lives from year to year? Happy Birthday! <3

    xo,
    megann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday =) It's really cool how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything did change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number four is such a relatable one for me... I had to learn to let it go, and it was hard. I loved those people so much, and I still do. But sometimes things fall out in order for good things to come in, right? Also, happy birthday! ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥