The light from the alarm clock shined the
blaring number of 11:03. Flipping on the light in her room, Annie flopped onto
her bedspread, her tears ready to fall at any moment. What had happened that
night was never what she had wanted.
"Why? Why do these kinds of things
always have to happen to me?"
She threw her phone on the ground next to her bed.
Slowly managing to get up, she changed
into her pjs and ran a brush through her hair. She picked up her phone, put in
a pair of earbuds, and prepared to have a crying seminar. The tears were
rolling.
She felt utterly alone, helpless and weak.
The darkness was closing in, and there were so many ugly lies coming into her
head.
"I'm runnin' to the One who knows me
Who made every part of me in His
hands."
Pausing the radio to meditate on the
words she had just heard, she glanced at the ceiling.
"This was all You, God." A tear
rolled down the side of her face, as she pressed play once again.
"I am sure, I am Yours, and I know
who I am."
By that time, she was consumed with tears
rolling down her pink cheeks, her mascara smeared on the bottoms of her
eyes.
"The one I run to has promised He
will never leave me. Why do I spend so much time consumed with who likes me
and gaining the friendships of others, when I have Christ?"
She shook her head, and smiled. "How
quickly I forget, that the God who made me, has promised that he will never
leave me."
This isn't just a story.
This is a real person, a real situation
and a real feeling that so many people experience.
Except that's not always the way it ends.
Many times there is an never ending cycle of the same loneliness feeling, that
results in trying to gain more approval from others.
But we can always go back to the fact, the
fact that Annie found, which is that no matter how much time you spend with
people, God is the only one who can truly fill that hole of loneliness.
<3
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
Amen!
ReplyDeleteFabulous job, dearest. ♥
xoxo
Whoa! That was amazing! ♥ Thank you soo much for sharing. I needed this.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful message.
ReplyDeleteThank you :)
Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful.
ReplyDeletethis literally gave me goosebumps.
ReplyDeletebeyond beautiful <3
ReplyDeleteLovely, Lauren! <3 This is exact what I have been needing lately. Thanks so much for posting this! You write beautifully! By the way, I love your new design! Did you do it yourself?
ReplyDeleteThis was beautiful. Thank you for reminding me to never forget...to never forget that He is always with me.
ReplyDelete