There's been many times in my life where I've felt that God, that concept, it's just so incredibly hard to wrap our minds around it. One of those times is right now.
The more I think about it...the more it makes my head start to spin. We weren't created to ever be able to comprehend it.
However, it gives me a comfort to know that our God is so unfathomable that we can't even understand it all.
If we understood everything about God and His ways, He would not be sovereign.
If He wasn't sovereign, we could not trust that our lives are in His hands.
Tears are falling in thankfulness to God for being all-knowing.
There's been many times in my life where I feel like eternity, God, and faith...it's all just so hard to put my mind around.
I've felt that the God of the universe: that he feels so distant.
But here's the thing about faith:
faith is not a feeling.
Faith cannot be based on how you feel day to day, and it's not a choice that differs depending on your mood.
A decision to put your faith in Jesus Christ should be a decision you make: regardless of the way you "feel".
Many people believe that Christianity is like a prosperity gospel: God is here to make you feel good.
There's going to be times when God...He just feels like He isn't there. It's not about feeling good, because Christianity isn't always going to be an easy path. Dying to our sinful ways: it's not what we want to do. It's something I will continue to struggle with the rest of my life.
Feelings never change the fact that I still believe God is sovereign: and His death on the cross is what pays for my sins once and for all.
Feelings should not change the truth about what we know about God, and that His promises will always be fulfilled.
LAUREN, this is so true! I just love everything about this. Praise God that He is sovereign and that He knows our path even when we don't.
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS, DARLING <3
xoxo
MaryShelley
I have heard so many people complain about Christianity and religion because it's just a superstition designed to make us feel good about ourselves and provide comfort in distressful times. But the fact of the matter is faith is not always comforting. Knowing God is sovereign is sometimes scary or confusing. Sometimes I wish I didn't believe that God was sovereign over every minute detail of my life...because sometimes I don't understand why He does what He does. If He has the power over pain, tragedy, death...then why does it happen the way it does? Why do we suffer heartbreak? Yeah, it's definitely not easy.
ReplyDeleteA few months ago my pastor preached a sermon on Psalm 44 and one of his main points was, "If God does not carry us into the suffering, He does not have the power to carry us out." It's not always a comforting thought but it is one that provides us with real hope and that is the difference between Christianity and other religions. Our hope is sure because our hope is not merely in receiving fleeting comforting feelings in this life... :)
Excellent thought-provoking post! I definitely know what it's like to struggle with reconciling the way I feel with what is true and to not base my faith off of my emotions.
Much love,
Dani from A Vapor in the Wind
This is the truth. Lauren, beautiful words. ♥
ReplyDelete-T. x
This was a beautiful post, Lauren, and so very true.
ReplyDelete-caroline @ carabelleadreamer.blogspot. com
Lovely post Lauren! I'm always encouraged to read your blog and read the truth.
ReplyDeletexo,
megann
This is extremely true and beautifully said!
ReplyDeleteEncouraging, this post really was!
Great post. Greatt post.
Sophia//Teenage Faith
This is so true. I experience this so often, and end up feeling as though I am a terrible Christian for not being able to feel Him as others talk about or understand faith quite like others do. Thank you for this. <3
ReplyDeleteThank you for this! I am glad I have found your blog because it gives me so much hope, and your words are very eye-opening to girls like me. God bless you!
ReplyDeleteVanessa
simplyperfectme.blogspot.com
There's this show that I ended up watching in the Philippines (yup, I'm back from vacation!) about a girl who, with the help of G (which is God; she just calls him that) tries to fufil her Father's last wish about finding her half sister named Anne Reyes. The show is supposed to end today, but it's also helped me understand what you said, too: there are times when we feel like he isn't there, but He is our sovereign.
ReplyDeleteI know sometimes it feels like He isn't there, but He always is. He never will have left you. ^.^
xoxo Morning