July 27, 2015

Loneliness


-my photo- 

In the deep of our loneliness, we have the longing to find comfort.
To find a place where we belong. 
Or someone to talk to. 
Having friends is beautiful, and a healthy thing. 
You should want to talk to your friends, and strengthen your friendships. 
Yet there are times when you feel alone. 
You may feel like there is nobody there that really wants to talk. 
I've had this happen. 
Most people have, and if they haven't had this experience yet, they will eventually. 
Some sort of loneliness will be felt by each individual at least one time in their life. 

When I feel lonely, I dwell on the words of the Lord. 
I remember that He is never going to leave me or forsake me. (Hebrews 13:5) 
I can find refuge in the fortress of the Lord. (psalm 91:2)
I pray and find comfort in Christ, instead of trying to go to other things because I've found out it doesn't work. 
There are many other things that you can do to comfort yourself, and sometimes it's not bad to treat yourself to some ice cream or watch a movie. But continually doing this, it doesn't always fix the root issue. 
Being able to go to the Lord in your time of need, instead of constantly turning every way except Him, that is healthy.
What do you do in the midst of loneliness? 
I want to hear from you today, 
                   



                   



8 comments:

  1. Animals are my ice cream, so to speak. Especially cows.
    So often God seems to use the pain of loneliness and the temporary fixes to bring me back to him. Painful, but effective.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it so lovely to be able to turn back to Him?
    I sing a lot when lonely. And journal and blog and write and eat ramen and vanilla ice cream. I find that emotional periods of my life inspire me to write better. <3 this was a beautiful post xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I feel alone, I try to read or dance or watch TV. I mostly try to distract myself..
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate feeling lonely. I hate that I rely on other people to lift me up so much. Why can't I just feel validated by myself?

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this, Laur :)

    When I'm lonely I sometimes eat icecream or text my friends, but lately I've learned to run to God.

    thanks for this wonderful reminder.
    xoxo
    ms

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loneliness is bad but we're never truly alone, aren't we? When I'm lonely, I go outside and just walk or read books, and when I have read all of the books, I write my own stories, just so I won't have to feel as lonely.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  7. true, like elisabeth said, out of the deeper, more emotional times in my life i come out with a renewed zeal for life. it's hard to keep the goal in focus when i'm going through a rough patch, but to know that Christ is by my side is such an amazing blessing. God is my only refuge; and without Him I know I'd be in shambles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "....sometimes it's not bad to treat yourself to some ice cream or watch a movie. But continually doing this, it doesn't always fix the root issue."

    Wow. Yep, yep, yep, I totally agree. Sometimes we keep saying, "Relax, have some ice cream, and breathe."

    But ice cream is not always the quick fix we need. We need to renew ourselves in Jesus and find our rest and comfort in Him.

    Thanks for your words. You are truly a wise girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥