How often do we fall into the mindset and forget that God's plans for our lives, they are higher than our own dreams and plans?
What we may think at the moment would be perfect for our lives, God could be keeping that back from us because he has something better in mind.
For me, sometimes my dreams and what I want to happen, those become idols in my life.
Lauren Diagle's song, First, is one of my favorites because of how beautiful of a reminder it is for me.
"more than anything I want, I want you first."
It really pierces right at the heart.
Do I really want God first, before everything else that I really want in life?
Frankly for me, if I'm honest, it's not true.
For so many people, God's plans for us seem so unclear. We pray. We hope. We read God's word. But we don't seem to get a clear answer.
When You don't move the mountains I'm needing you to move
When You don't part the waters I wish I could walk through
When You don't give me the answers as I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in you!
Romans 8:28 is a so familiar verse for many people, but how encouraging it is.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Today specifically for me, there was a moment when I realized I needed to give my dreams over to God, especially for my future. His plans and what he wants me to do, I want that to be more important than what I want to do. It's not easy because what I want right now seems beautiful and a good option. However, God sees the path of my entire life, and His wisdom will lead me to his perfect plan for me.
He is doing the same for you if you are a child of Him ♥

♥♥♥♥♥
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
I'm so proud of you! This is such great wisdom. There was a moment in my life, too, where I gave God my dreams and my life, and I have never regretted it. Each day, each second, actually, is another chance to give it back to God. I love this post. It's what I've been learning, too: trust.
ReplyDelete"What we may think at the moment would be perfect for our lives, God could be keeping that back from us because he has something better in mind."
So true.
I need to focus on the big plan too. Over the past few weeks I've been so busy that I am losing track of where God wants me to go. I need to refocus.
ReplyDeleteI need to listen to that song! I've actually never heard of it before. Gosh, letting go of our grip on things is SO hard, but it's such an amazing thing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post! Thanks so much for sharing. I could totally relate to what you wrote. Thank you for the encouragement!
ReplyDeleteLovely post. Amen!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving Lauren Daigle's song 'First' too:)
Keep up the good work on your blog!