September 25, 2015

oh the memories we're making

One day, I shall be able to drive whenever I want, wherever I want.
The ability to buy french fries from Wendy's at 10pm if I want.
I won't have to worry so much about what my future is going to look like. 
I'll have a job so I can pay for all of the things I've been working to save up for. 

 I can't wait for next weekend, until spring break, until I can drive.

What we don't realize is this:
I'll have to pay for the gas to go everywhere. I'll be independent, but that comes at a price. Cars, insurance, and everything else, that will drain the money I do have. We won't always have as much money as we think we will. 
We will never feel like we are living in the future because when the future does come around, because there will always be something else we can't wait for. 
I'll have to work to get that money. It doesn't just come to you. A paycheck means you gotta check in mentally with what your doing. 

I don't say this to make us dread the future, because it will be beautiful. Each of our stories are different and beautifully unique. Some years will be our years, and some will not. We will love stages of our lives, and others, we will fight to get through. 

Just don't dream away the present. 
You can dream about the future, but don't forget about the present. 
we're making memories, ya'll. 

The worst thing is to look back on a moment or a time in your life and wish you would've treasured it. 
 make those future dreams, make those a reality. If you want something to happen, try to make it happen. Don't waste time dreaming about a new years eve party you could have: just plan it. Your life will become more beautiful when you set out to pursue your dreams, while embracing the present. I know, I'm still trying to find that balance too. You're not alone 

 But our lives are short, so let's make the most of it.
Let's not waste another day, let's live in the present, making our hopes for the future a reality.

9 comments:

  1. You have a great view on how things in this world turn out. The future is an interesting thing the way I see it is we shouldn't think touch about it or we will get wrapped up in things that don't exist.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're always so caught up in what's going to happen in the future to think about the present. It scares me a bit to pay for my own gas, though! >.<

    xoxo Morning

    P.S. The undefined may be coming from what your date header's referring to; like, you know how when, in CSS, you refer to the post title as h3.post-title and when you refer to the sidebar's titles, it uses h2? Often times when something is undefined, it's using the wrong h(insert number here). That's as simple as I can explain it. So to fix it, just look at what h number it's saying in your template; it may be the wrong one and it willbe needed to be fixed.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true. I'm always worrying too much about the future, and I need to start loving the present.:)
    As for the "undefined"..I have no idea. I'm so bad at tech stuff ahaha XD
    xoxo
    Grace Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really puts everything into perspective, I spend too long not thinking about the present <3

    ~Lauren x

    ~ My Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This literally speaks to me so much, I can't even. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This is so so true. Thank you for sharing!

    Sophia xx
    lantern-in-her-hand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is everything. I love every word! <3 I can drive now on my own, and yeah, gas costs way more than I thought. Like, it's literally liquid gold. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. This is such truth.I feel like often times we can dream so much of our future, we forget to live in the present. When I find myself doing so, I simply think and say, "Would the future me, which i dream so frequently about, be proud to look back in the past?" More often than not, the answer is no.Great post!

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥