This is not an easy thing to write about, but it is the reason that I created this blog. There is a story behind the purpose and title of this blog along with the year 2016. I guess you could say that this topic is hard to understand, hard to identify and it is a hard thing to share with other people.
I named this post if I'm honest, based off the song title of Francesca Battistelli If We're Honest.
This song spoke deep into the corners of my heart when I was struggling with what I was watching and viewing on the internet.
There are a lot of different types of sins that can occur in so many different places in our lives, but a lot of it can stem from our use of the internet.
Would I consider it pornography? No, but I was definitely on the path towards it.
Sin is sin no matter what you label it. It doesn't have to be labeled "drugs", "adultery" or "porn" for it to be sin.
Sin is sin. And it is painful.
1 Corinthians 10:23 "You say, 'I am allowed to do anything'--but not everything is good for you. You say, 'I am allowed to do anything'--but not everything is beneficial."
Anything that is not good, pure, trustworthy or honorable, it should be tossed from our lives, and if a sin becomes a habit in our life that we struggle with, we should repent of it and turn away.
Just because something isn't label-able doesn't mean it is what we should be doing.
Romans 6:1-4 "What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life."
It was hard to be honest to people in my life about what I was struggling with, especially when this specific sin is a hard thing to explain without being too specific. Anyone that has been in my shoes (and I have had one person in my life that impacted me and God used her in my life to show me the way) knows that it can often be hard because we feel like we can't explain what we are struggling with. However, I know I am not the only one out there that has struggled with this, and I want to help others find victory as well.
It was hard to find complete freedom from my sin and comes to terms with the grace of God that would get me through the regrets and consequences I was experiencing from my choices that impacted my thinking. It was also a harder battle to come to the realization that it was NOT on my own that I could find victory over sin. It was through Christ.
Hints the name of my blog: Victory~found through Christ.
This is the purpose of my blog: to share the news of Christ and the way that HE gives us victory to overcome anything or any sin that is consuming our life.
When we are in Christ, we now have a power within us that can allow us to break from that sin.
2016 is my year of victory from the things of the internet that vie for my attention.
If we are honest with those in our life, Christ can use that vulnerability and honesty to work in our lives and bring real life accountability. Every time we speak out against Satan, the less power he has over us.
Even though there are often a lot of tears, being honest about what we are struggling with and allowing ourselves to share that with God and others so that we can held accountable to following God is the best choice.
What do you need to be honest about with those in your life?

Love this :) Sincerely. It spoke to my heart.
ReplyDeletethank you, I appreciate the time you spent reading this <3
DeleteThis is beautiful. Your words are written with the heart, I can tell.I needed to hear some of the things you are saying becuase like you I struggle. I am fighting my own battles.
ReplyDeletePraying for you! We all struggle and sometimes we forget we aren't the only ones, I think
DeleteAMENNNNNNNNN. *screams it from the mountains* throw off everything that hinders and run with endurance the race set before you. wow. this was intense. i am glad that God is always pushing us towards honesty, and towards a life free of the crippling sin that we get trapped in. He is good. so so good.
ReplyDeletexx praying for ya, love.
Oh thank you thank you, and amen. He is so good <3
DeleteThis really spoke to my heart. I understand what you said completely and I have been dealing with sins in my life as well that are very similar...but God is so good and its amazing how He never stops forgiving no matter what I do<3
ReplyDeleteI am overwhelmed by his mercy and grace that I am so undeserving of!
DeleteAmazing. I have no words. I usually don't when I read your posts...I hope that means something.
ReplyDeleteNo words in the best way possible.
You're changing peoples lives, Lauren. I hope you know that.
Allie D.
www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com
Oh wow, Allie, this means a lot. All glory to Him!!
Deleteokay, so i'm going to be honest. i needed that. this is something i've reallyyyy been struggling with, and it's frustrating. it helps to know other struggle with the same type of thing, and thank you lauren. truly, thank you so much. <3
ReplyDeletexoxo,
m.
oh, and by the way, i absolutely love that song! i actually learned it on my guitar so i can play and sing along =) it has such a deep, meaningful message. anyways, thank you again <3
Deletem.
I am so glad this could be used to encourage you! I'm actually learning guitar right now and that is SO cool that you can play this song on there! So jealous XD
DeleteThank you for reading, darlin <3
hehe:) i'm teaching myself guitar so i usually just look up a song i wanna learn and teach myself the chords from that so if we're honest was one of the first ones i learned... i'm kinda in love with the song XD
Deletewhen i first read the title of this post, i was like, "I bet she got that from Francesca's song." xD but that song is amazing. i cannot tell how many times i've just felt so bad and i go listen to that song, and it's like, "woah." just, if we're honest.
ReplyDeleteanyway, so so true. i know exactly what you mean. i struggled with like, major things. and it was so ridiculous. i mean, not ridiculous, but i mean, well, hey, in all actuality it was pretty horrible. but just how much Satan can wreck havoc in one's life from childhood....and how God is the Victor, forever.
YESS <3 I love her song so much. it's just like. if we're honest. ya know. all we need to say.
DeleteHALLELUJAH, what a Savior we have.
you are so brave for being so bold. the title caught my attention because I have a blog draft saved titled "For When You're Ready" about my story and my struggles. I wrote it on a day I was feeling brave and wanted to type it for when I was ready to share it. its still there because Im not ready. for the past year and a half God has been saying that word. "Honest." be honest. I know I should.
ReplyDeletethank you for being another voice to speak to me on this matter.
you will find your victory. "Therefor there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ." Romans 8:1. you are forgiven. you are seriously so brave. thank you <3
It's really really hard to be brave and sometimes it is only the fact that I am doing this for the Lord that allows me to be honest.
DeleteYes, I have found victory in Jesus Christ and I'm so thankful to be forgiven and seen as a blameless creature!
What a beautiful post Lauren :,)
ReplyDeleteOh man, this is so important and vulnerable and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your blog, Lauren. You're an absolute gem. xx