April 26, 2016

i shall not want

How is it possible that I don't trust the God of the universe? The one who made the flowers, the sky and holds Jupiter in His hands? 

Why don't I trust that he is going to take care of me and that he has the friends in different seasons of my life for a reason?

Why don't I trust Him?

From the need to be understood,
from the need to be accepted and 
from the fear of being lonely.

Deliver me O God. 

11 comments:

  1. I relate to this so much. THANK YOU!

    (also happy late birthday to my birthday twin :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I STILL CAN NOT GET OVER HOW EXCITED I AM TO HAVE FOUND SOMEONE WITH THE SAME BIRTHDAY

      Delete
  2. I FEEL THIS SO DEEP EVERYDAY. GAh <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, this is one of my favorite Audrey Assad songs! I've been playing it on the piano a lot lately.

    Trusting God is never easy but it's something that takes time to learn and the more time that passes, the more we see that God is forever faithful in our lives and the stronger our confidence grows.

    Thank you for sharing!

    Dani xoxo
    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
  4. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to take Him at His Word;
    Just to rest upon His promise,
    And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”

    I feel the struggle and I look to Christ who welcomes us, the doubting worshippers, into His kingdom. Wonderful heart-felt post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, such a small post with such a big meaning. :)

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. whOA.

    This smashed my heart into the middle of next week. ♥ such resonance ugh. raw and beautiful, thank you. :')

    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks, lauren. i really needed this about now. there's some things happening in life that are wayyy beyond me. God is King and on the throne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. O_O

    this. i really needed this reminder, thank you so much for sharing it <3 it's so hard to trust when you THINK you know what's best for you; i struggle so much with this. i pray that God will continue to work in our hearts to conform us after His own image more xx

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥