December 20, 2014
❄ Christmastime ❄
There are so many things that I love about Christmastime.
The atmosphere.
The cheer.
The people.
The love.
But most of all, I love the person that is the entire reason why we love the season.
Even though there are so many things that I love about Christmastime that are not related to the birth of Jesus Christ, I love to go about them with joy because of the reason why we celebrate the season. This describes what I am going to do with 400 hours of free time since it is now Christmas break!
Cousins. The word by itself explains all of the wonderful memories that will be made this year as we sit in a circle in my grandparents basement and open gifts from one another. Joking with one another about stealing all of the cheesy potatoes from our grandma so that nobody else gets a taste. Creating videos that we can look back on in a year or two and laugh at. Spending the night with them one or two times and talking about the things that God has brought into our lives.
Looking at the Christmas lights that are scattered around downtown. Light displays. Coming home late and admiring the light against the dark. Going to bed knowing that we don't have to get up early the next day.
Bringing in New Years Eve with the people that we enjoy the most. Seeing and making goals for what the next year will be. Embrace the last moments of this year together. Seeing how a years time can change everything.
Listening to Christmas music as we drink hot coca after coming back inside from sledding. Going ice skating with friends. Wearing big coats and hats. Knowing we don't have school to go to, and being able to stay with family and friends without time limits.
Going to the Christmas Eve service at my Church and seeing cousins and grandparents. Smiling and know we will see each other the next afternoon. Glee shouts as we run down the stairs to open presents. Arranging everything in the car so we can beat our cousins to the grandparents house. Smiling as we share what we got with our cousins. Watching football and embracing the time together. Watching the snow fall as we drive home and listen to Christmas music.
Words can hardly describe the joy that Christmas brings to my heart! ❤
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this post so much! "The atmosphere. The cheer. The people. The love." is just perfect.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love your new playlist :)
Wonderful post, Lauren! I wish I had some more cousins! :D I only have three little cousins and the wrest are all adults and we don't keep in touch with them!
ReplyDeleteI love you so much Lauren, and I'm glad I made it in there a few times. I am so excited to celebrate Jesus' birth with all our family. But this year we're going to beat you. ;)
ReplyDeleteChristmas is my favorite time of year! Thanks for this post and the reminder of why we celebrate:) -Bethany!
ReplyDelete