***************************************************************
![]() |
| Via Pinterest |
Putting her
head out the window, she could see the ocean, its beautiful waves crashing
against the rocks and the warm breeze could be felt through her fingertips. The
evening was starting to set, and Gabby leaned back in her seat, content. She
looked over at Matt, and smiled. He smiled back, and leaned over to turn up the
radio. Slowing down at the stop sign, Matt turned on his turn signal and parked
alongside of the beach. Getting out, they walked over to the edge of the ocean.
Pushing her feet around in the water, Gabby breathed in the ocean smell.
Seagulls flew overhead, and she could feel the sand grains between her toes.
She grabbed the sweatshirt she brought from the car, and pulled it over her
head. Another car pulled up to the side of the beach. Out came Tessa and Liam,
with a blanket and some sparklers.
“Hey, Tessa!” Gabby ran over and gave Tessa a huge hug.
“Isn’t just a beautiful night?”
“It’s perfect,” Tessa whispered, looking up at the big sky.
“I wouldn’t trade this night for anything.”
“So…you said there was gonna be a big surprise on the beach
tonight,” Gabby said, nudging Liam, “What is it?”
A grin spread across his face. “Should I tell them?” He
turned and looked at Matt. Matt shook his head, and chuckled. “Let’s keep them
in suspense.”
Tessa shrugged her shoulders. “I already tried to get it out
of them, but I got nothing.”
As the dark set in, Liam and Matt called Gabby and Tessa
over to a blanket they had spread across the beach. Matt passed out cans of pop
he had in a cooler, and then waited.
BOOM.
It was a firework.
************************************************************
This was really short, but I was trying to contrast it with the previous writing I posted...which did not include any dialogue. Tell me if there are any aspects of this story that I should improve or that you enjoyed!
About Guest Posting:
I have never had anyone guest post or guest posted on anyone's blog before, but I am really interested in doing it. Last post I didn't really touch on what I would be looking for in the post content itself, but I would love if you would post something that kinda relates to my blog (e.g. some of your favorite verses/songs, or maybe how you feel about a certain topic, ways that you deal with certain problems, etc.).
If you are still interested after I have mentioned this, (I know one person was on the last post) please comment and let me know!

It would be an honor to have you guest post on my blog. My email is iamskyfox@gmail.com if you want to work something out :)
ReplyDeleteOoh, I'd love to guest post on your blog! Shoot me an email at unadornedgifts@gmail.com if you'd like to work something out :)
ReplyDeleteI'd love for you to guest post, Lauren. We can swap posts or I can just post on your blog or you on mine. Whatever you have time for. My email is dased1995@gmail.com it's a family email:)
ReplyDeleteIn Christ,
Sarah
P.S i love this:)