December 12, 2014

Sarah's Guest Post: Being Happy

Hi, guys! This is Sarah. I'm extremely glad to be posting on Lauren's beautiful blog today. I blog over at Forever Changed. I am a bookworm, a writer, and a musician. Without those three things, I wouldn't be as happy as I normally am.

First of all, I would like to thank Lauren, for her support. She is a great friend and an amazing writer. She takes the time to read my stuff and writes encouraging comments. I'm so happy she let me post today.

This week has not been easy. Nothing too terrible has occurred, but quite a few frustrating happenings have come my way. Because of this, I find myself freaking out more than usual. I've seen people get mad and hurt others for silly reasons. So I always try to keep my cool in tight situations. Lately, this week, I've noticed that I am not going a good job at that.

Have you ever done something like that? I must admit, I hold my feelings in. Sometimes I find myself boiling over. All of us have gotten angry once in awhile. Telling yourself you're going to be okay doesn't always work.

What I've found to be helpful is to think for a moment. Think of a few things that you should be happy about. At the time, they might seem far away, but if you consecrate, they aren't far. Just simple thing---like your family, your friends. Focus on those. God gave them to you for a reason. One of them is to remind you how much he has blessed you.

I used to get depressed a lot. But as I've grown in my relationship with God, I've seen that there are so many things to be happy about. Whatever saddened me was nothing compared to all the things I have to be thankful for. Isn't it funny how you think something is the end of the world one day, but the next week you're not even considering it?

When you're angry, please remember that God does everything for a reason. It's hard to see it, sometimes impossible. Maybe you'll never know why He did it. But He cares enough for us to give us these wonderful, little things in our life to remind us it's going to be okay. Countless times my little sister has cheered me up when I'm falling apart. My family makes me laugh even when I'm furious at them. I will continually thank God for giving me these people.

One last thought. Is it fun to be sad or angry? Of course not. I encourage you: If you have a reason to be happy, cherish it. Use it. Why be sad when we have a great God who sent his Son to the world for us? Jesus saved us, even though we were messed up. That's enough to make anyone happy, despite their situation.

Thanks again, Lauren, for letting me guest post! Thank you for reading:)
In Christ,
Sarah

1 comment: