December 29, 2014

The Year at a Glance

Today I wanted to mention some of the things, looking back on this year, that were infuential in my life. Whether bad or good, there are many memories that I will cherish for a long time! 
Thank you to everyone who was so influential in making this year so fabulous. 

Good Events
  • I was baptized on February 16th. Like many Christians or even Catholics believe that baptism is part of what grants you salvation, however, it is not by anything we do that we are saved. It is a gift that God has given us, and baptism is merely an announcement of your faith in front of the body of believers. It is one of the things that God commands us to do, and so I took this step in obedience :) If you would like to read the testimony I read, please click here. 
  • I was able to go on a Missions Trip that our youth group went on to Salt Lake City, Utah. There are many posts that you can go read about this experience if you would like! This post has a few pictures and the brief summary of the trip. This post includes some of the lessons that I learned while I was out there. It has been one of the biggest highlights of this year, and I am grateful for many lessons that God taught me through this trip. I was also so grateful to be able to serve and help 2 missionaries spread news about their new Church plant. 
  • I was able to go to Family Camp, where my faith was encouraged and I had a refreshing time with my family. I probably wouldn't go again, but it was a pretty good experience. The most important part was trying new things and getting closer to my family through that. (Family is not valued as much as it should be in today's society!)
  • I was so excited to be able to attend True Woman 2014! I would most certainly tell any young woman to go to this conference in 2016, because I most certainly will try to make it. I was so encouraged by Joni Tada and Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Coming away from the conference back to a normal week of school was challenging, but I had hope and encouragement to continue to live for the Lord. 
Sad/Bittersweet Events 

  • My great-grandma passed away in November. It was hard to see some of my family to have to go through this experience. Death is always hard and it makes you really think about the base of your faith and it makes you treasure the relationships with other people even more. 
  • The 2 assistant youth leaders at our Church moved out to Utah in early fall. This was a bittersweet thing and we do miss them a lot. Youth group isn't the same without them, but we know that they will be used for good out there. 

Blog goals for 2015
  1.  Do a Q&A post where I answer any type of questions that you may have  DONE
  2. Favorite beauty products post 
  3. Fashion inspiration every other month (includes tips for how to save money and buy quality clothes and how I style items) 
  4. Reach 40 followers 

2015 Personal Goals

  •   Become a more patient person and not be so self-centered with my selfish ambitions, but do everything for the glory of God and not myself. 
  • ·   I want God to use me to encourage Christians around me and influence everyone I come across to rise to the occasion (instead of giving into what the world says) 
  • Read the Bible/do devotions every single day. no exceptions. When I get off this schedule, I know it affects me 
  • Read the entire New Testament
  • Learn to play guitar, and be serious about taking lessons every couple of weeks 
  • Get a job umpiring softball at a local league in my area this spring/summer to bring in extra income for college, car, gas money etc. 
  • Talk to at least one friend about spiritual topics (and I mean seriously talk about salvation) 
  • Memorize and meditate on this verse all year long: "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Philippians 4:8 
  • Go on a camping trip with friends :)

May the love of Christ be with you for the rest of this year and into next year. May God bless all of you in 2015, and I pray that all of your relationships with Jesus Christ will continue to grow. Remember that we have hope to push on towards the final goal because of Jesus, and the gift that he gave us on the cross. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, great post! I agree with you on the baptism thing! Its so great to find girls that believe the way I do! Great post and goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I'm so happy you got baptized. I'm sorry about your great-grandmother. My grandpa passed away two years ago so I understand. You have great goals, especially since God is your focus:)
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I also got baptized last year! I'm hoping to go on a mission trip this year if I can raise the money... Anyways! Great goals/post!!

    maddysdigitaldiary.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥