May 14, 2015

5 Kids You'll Meet at Every Youth Group

I feel like my content lately has been quite random, and I've been pretty busy with end of the school year stuff, so I promise that in the upcoming weeks, my content will improve. So I apologize in the meantime! I'm so ready for summer right now, I don't know about you. But one thing I'm going to miss is the people from youth group. Generally we don't hang out in the summer as much (different schedules and sometimes it just never gets planned) so today, I decided to post a list of 5 people you'll meet at every youth group.
And there's a little bit of sarcasm and fun in this one, so please, I don't mean anything in a mean/rude way!
1. The Gamer
This kid is ultimately there: just for the games. They are super competitive, and are gonna be really disappointed if the youth pastor cancels games for the night . It's not because their parents make him come, they just really don't care about anything except winning. And not to stereotype, but it's usually a guy.

2. The gorgeous girl everyone wants to be like
And if you don't know who it is at your youth group, it's probably you. She's the girl that seems (from the outside and inside), to always be right with God and to always look gorgeous. She messes up, and she's not afraid to share the struggles that she deals with. But she always wants to please God with every ounce of her, and she seems to do it so much better than everyone else.

3. The Cool Kid
There's usually one kid in the pack of kids who thinks they are too cool for the whole youth group thing...and having a relationship with Christ can't be too serious, otherwise they don't want to be involved. It's not that he sits in a corner, he just makes sure he doesn't get too involved in what's going on. And he's usually been forced by his parents, otherwise he wouldn't come anymore. Anytime he can come up with excuses for why he can't come, he will do it. It's more of the social gathering that he comes for. I used "he", but it can be either a girl or boy.

4. The Person Who Only Comes Once
This is usually a non-Christian friends of one of the regulars that comes once to try it out. And they are never seen...again. And sometimes, this is a boyfriend/girlfriend of one of the regular's, and once they breakup, they are never seen again. I mean, I guess that makes sense?

5. The Spiritual One
There's always at least one or two kids who just know a ton of facts about the Bible. No, I don't mean that they are super firm and excited about their relationship with Christ, because that's a good thing. Nope, these are the people that know what tribe Paul came from and all the facts about Jabez.

What about you? Can you think of any other kids that you will meet at almost every single youth group? 

10 comments:

  1. A lot of the people in my youth group consist of the gamers, but I'm pretty sure that there are also a lot who just come for the food (we order pizza, and since youth group happens about every week of the year, it's like, I've had pizza about 52 times this year)!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Spot on Lauren. I can definitely see many people in my youth group fitting into these categories. :) Loved this post so I will be excited to see even more like this in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I'm not in youth group anymore due to our small church. ( I'm the only teen:) But when I was in youth group, I loved it and now I remember all of these types of kids! Love the post, Lauren! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED this! I could immediately think of 4 of them... the gorgeous girl I'm not quite sure on. Thank you much for posting this! Don't worry, I don't mind your random posting schedule.. mine has been the EXACT same way, with this month being nuts and everything :)

    Molly Marie
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my youth group. A lot.

    This was humorous, and true, actually. :)

    BUT. I don't know who the gorgeous girl is at my youth- and I'm pretty darn sure it can't be me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This. Is. My. Youth. Group.

    (I'm laughing so hard right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is hilarious, and so true!!
    The last youth group I attempted to attend, though, was packed full of extremely hormonal girls that literally broke down every week. And the counselor was so used to all her students crying she'd continuously try and probe me (which was actually sort of funny) : "Are you sure you're okay? Life isn't always okay. Here is the place to share what's going on in life."
    Me: "Um...I'm happy. Life is good."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this! Both of the churches I've been to don't have a Youth Group, but all my friend's churches basically do, and they're always talking about how awesome it is. *sigh* Oh well, it sounds great :) There are a few teens at my church, but that's basically it. Which probably explains why I don't have any friends. Oh well ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Lauren! It's Bernie by the way. I think there's always someone in your youth group that the teachers LOVE! And they wait a long time for them to come and freak out when they enter the room. You know? Also, if you have time this week could you please help me by entering my story and photography contest. For more information go to my blog! YAY!
    ~Bernie;P
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so interesting! And I don't think these types of kids are only found in youth groups, but in just regular school cliques and other groups as well?

    PS - New reader here, and I just had to compliment your design! The color scheme is absolutely gorgeous, with the light pastels!

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete

please, leave a comment. I love them ♥