1. Pack a few Warm Clothes
Wearing jeans on the actual plane ride is also a really good idea, but it wasn't extremely hot yet either. A lot of times, airplanes either have air conditioning, or in my case, there was steam stuff coming up from below my seat. A couple of the people in my group didn't wear jeans and got one of those little blankets they hand out on certain flights. Although going through security could possibly be easier with shorts, you don't want to risk being cold the entire flight. If you are anything like me, you get cold really easily. A lot of people don't mind the cold though. I went to Utah in the middle of June...the day we got there it was 40 and raining and by the end of the week it was up to 80 and sunny. Even though I had checked the forecast, the first few days were way colder than they had been calling for. I regretted not bringing a sweatshirt, so just in case, bring one along, even if it's a light one.
2. Roll up your clothes in your suitcase...it helps to save room. I did this for my trip to Utah last summer, and I only had to take 1 carryon. (of course, my liquid toiletries went in someone else's checked bag since you can only have a certain about of liquid in your carry on) Not always are you going to fit everything in a carryon, (I probably wouldn't do it again unless I HAD to) but having more space is always a good thing. And if you can fit everything in a carryon, you will never risk loosing your baggage. Although on the longest leg of my flight they did take my carryon, I had it with me on the first shorter flight.
3. Bring an extra pair of shoes
I brought a total of 4 pairs of shoes on my trip, a pair of sperry's, gym shoes, sandals and flip flops. By the Monday before we left, I had one pair of shoes left. My gym shoes got weird stuff in them from the mountains, my sandals broke, and I got green paint on my flip flops from a service project. So just in case, always throw an extra pair of flip flops in your bag.
4. Make your luggage easy to find
Do something special to your luggage so it's easy to find when they give it back to you. Either put a special ribbon on the handle or something apart from the rest...otherwise it might take awhile to find yours.
5. Spend your money wisely
Stuff in the airport is crazy expensive, so don't waste your money...unless it's on a simple water bottle or something. And on long flights, they usually have drinks so that you don't have to waste $4 on a 2 ounce bottle of water. If you can pack snacks and avoid the extra cost of your stomach, it can help quite a bit. They have like a 18% increase of prices within an airport. Even if your flight is short, pack a snack in case your flight gets delayed. Worst case scenario, you can eat it to waste time. And yes, flights can be delayed in the summer, for your information.
So if you've traveled in the air recently, what are some of your tips for air travel?

These are smart! I've never flown before, but I'll have to save this post and come back to it later if I ever do fly!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Grace Anne :)
Great tips to keep in mind, especially the spending money wisely and wearing warm clothes! When you are on a plane, it can get really cold, especially if you are on a twelve hour flight to Asia!
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
Awesome tips! I have only been on a plain once, but I found out about the prices pretty quickly! One of our flights got delayed and we went to McDonalds. They didn't have a dollar menu, or anything cheap for that matter. It was crazy! I just ended up getting something from a vending machine!!!! :):)
ReplyDeleteJust reading this makes me crave the airport. I miss the cold planes and gross expensive food that isn't even that gross, and the struggle to find your luggage on the conveyor belt. I want to escape this country and travel already.
ReplyDelete-M
The Life of Little Me
I fly a half decent amount, so my advice is:
ReplyDeleteDon't sit in the back row. Ever. Just don't. One of two things will happen. You may end up with a seat that doesn't recline with very little leg room, or you will end up with a window seat that is a wall seat, but it says it's a window seat.
Bring a portable charger for your phone.
Wear sweatpants and bring a blanket (unless the airline provides it)
Download movies on your phone!
Bring candy & gum
TALK TO THE PEOPLE NEXT TO YOU!!!! I was seated next to the HOTTEST navy guys over spring break! And we talked the whole time! I can't even. :))))) My Bible teacher at school has brought 3 people to Christ from sitting next to them on flights!
Oh yeah, also, it isn't really worth it to wear makeup on a flight. It always gets gross, for me at least. :)
DeleteThis is really helpful! Just want to thank you for reading my blog so much! I really appreciate it :)
ReplyDeleteSmart, smart!!! Especially the shoes tip. Because when you can ever have too many pairs of shoes? :) Thanks Lauren!!
ReplyDeleteChloe | Curious Ramblings