The smell of smoke drifting from fire pits in the country.
Rubbing eyes as we roll into our sleeping bags.
Touching the ground with bare feet as we run and catch
fireflies.
The sweet surprise of chocolate and marshmallows mixed
together.
This is what summer
was made for.
The color tone getting darker with splashes of water against
the skin.
Natural hair and dirty feet accompany freedom and warmth.
Spontaneous road trips and catching up on days lost.
Late nights talking about life, and the future.
This is what summer was made for.
Walking barefoot across parking lots, to large, packed vehicles.
Sitting on the bar stool eating ice cream with friends.
Dropping towels on beach chairs, rushing over to do a cannonball.
Admiring the sunsets from atop a mountain.
Hiking through the mountains, admiring God's glory.
This is what summer was made for.
Campfires and lei's around the neck.
Stopping by the snack shop to grab an ice cream or two.
Holding onto the tube for dear life, trying not to do a belly flop off the side.
Making pretzels at the lodge and drinking fresh lemonade.
Sitting on the beach, reading from God's word.
Here’s to Summer 2015 ♥️

*raises glass*
ReplyDeleteHere's to summer!
You are a very talented writer, my friend. <3
Wagh yesss! All of this is soooo true. Especially campfires and holding onto the tube for dear life. XD
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome. You've captured the feeling of summer so well! :)
ReplyDeleteHere's to summer too :)
ReplyDeleteI love this post. Everything was so happy and filled me with happiness <3
<3333
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
Here's to summer, a beloved time I've missed!
ReplyDeletePERFECT POST DEAR. ♥
xoxo
I hope you have an awesome Summer! Summer 2015 has already been through New Zealand :)
ReplyDeleteHERE'S TO SUMMER. I am so osososo excited. <3
ReplyDeleteyou are fabulous at writing. :-) I love all your posts.
Awesome! I love the way you wrote that!
ReplyDelete